Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pelia Olive Oil Review




I have loved reviewing olive oils, last year, I took part in a blind taste test and was happy to say I passed and guessed correctly the one that was not heavily blended. So I was happy to try another mini bottle of olive oil, this time from Greece,

I can identify easily a good olive oil now and it really makes a difference to foods, I added the Pelia Olive oil to my salad tonight, feta to keep in with the Greek theme, extra olives.The Pelia is fresh, smells summery, almost grassy and really made a difference to the taste. 

I also use extra virgin olive oil to cook with, this came from my Slimming World allowances and now I am at my target weight nearly two years later, I still do. 

I used to think you could not cook with it, but it is used for cooking in many of the countries it is produced. It just needs to be heated gradually and obviously not for deep frying at high temperatures.
PELIA - THE PUREST GREEK OLIVE OIL DELIVERED DIRECTLY TO YOUR DOOR
Pelia brings Greek olive oil in its purest form, with the launch of their UK web shop  

Olive oil has become a firm favourite in the British kitchen, used in everyday cooking, from drizzling over salads to roasting meat and vegetables.  Pelia has a light golden colour and delicate taste that makes it ideal for use in both its raw form and for cooking.

Pelia cold pressed extra virgin olive oil owes its unique flavour to the relatively unknown Manaki variety of olive. The olives are hand-picked from small family owned groves in the northern Peloponnese where the olive oil is extracted on the same day at the local olive press. The olive oil is then packaged and sealed on site, ensuring that the customer receives it in its very purest form allowing them to enjoy it in the same way as locals that have produced it for over a thousand years.   
Co-founder of Pelia, Phillip Tsatsos says ‘Pelia has a really original taste, very different from what we are used to. It’s always exciting for me to see people try the oil for the first time, it is also very surprising how quickly they recognise the difference in quality and flavour. We are really looking forward to seeing more people sampling and cooking with the oil and are confident it can help transform the most ordinary meal in to something extraordinary’.
What a lot of us don’t know is that most extra virgin olive oil on the market is mass produced, involving heavy blending and resulting in loss of flavour not to mention highly reduced nutritional and health benefits.  Good olive oil should not only enhance the taste of food but should also contribute towards a healthy lifestyle.
Pelia olive oil is available online at www.pelia.co.uk and is sold in 3lt bag-in-box form.

1 comment:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Italian olive oil for sale

    ReplyDelete