Friday, July 19, 2013

Sharwoods Indian Sauce range



I was sent the Sharwood's delicious new range of cooking sauces to try and the whole family were catered for.

They include some Indian restaurant favourites, Paige often chooses the Butter Chicken, she likes a mild curry on occasion if we are out, she eats hot at home but some restaurants do go a bit fiery on the medium range dishes.

I like a Balti or a Dopiaza as the onion flavour if cooked well is lovely.Plus if you have read my blog previously and saw that Chris did a hottest curry in the world and has eaten some very fierce chilli sauces,you will know he loves a Vindaloo, 

At only £1.69 per jar a meal for the family they area fraction of the price of a take-away!


They are simplicity itself to make, its a case of frying chicken or veg and adding the sauce. I added mushrooms to the chicken to bulk it out a bit and to use up leftovers.


Its far too hot weather wise at the moment so we ate without rice adding samosa and onion bhajis that were already in the fridge.
I like Sharwood's sauces, I can rely on them to be good tasting if its a favourite meal.
Chris said the Vindaloo was 'top' and I'm afraid to say we passed up on it, I will be trying when the weather has cooled down a little.
Butter Chicken is a mild, creamy curry mixed with the perfect blend of spices to please any palate; Dopiaza is a dark, savoury curry characterised by spicy onions in a rich tomato base; and Vindaloo, a traditional fiery dish, blends tomatoes and onions with chillies for a spicy sauce that is not for the faint of heart.

The new Sharwood’s sauces are available in all major supermarkets from April with an RRP of £1.69.

Disclosure I was sent the new Sharwood range to try, my views are my own, I did not receive any payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment