Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heinz Salad Cream with Lemon and Black Pepper



When I read this I was happy

For the very first time in its 96 year history, Heinz is launching a zesty, new flavour variety of Heinz Salad Cream - Lemon & Black Pepper. The launch of the new limited edition Heinz Salad Cream with Lemon & Black Pepper blends the freshness of lemon and the bite of black pepper with the great taste of this British favourite.Heinz Salad Cream with Lemon & Black Pepper goes especially well with chicken or fish.

So many brands have added new ranges, limited editions of existing flavours, some work , some don't.

My theory has always been leave my favorites alone, I love salt and vinegar crisps, I do not want a full English breakfast flavour or cheeseburger.

Heinz Salad Cream is just such a product for me, its iconic, British, traditional (I am starting to sound like Al Murray as the Pub Landlord, with distaste for anything not British)
I love the familiar taste, a childhood memory of my Granny's tomatoes and cucumbers picked from the greenhouse, proper Webb's lettuce and ham carved from the bone with lashings of Heinz Salad Cream poured over the lettuce as I never really was that fond.

So to bring out a new limited edition was a surprise and after tasting it the only thing I can say is ..Why  has it taken so long?


Invented in 1914, Heinz Salad Cream was the first Heinz product to be developed specifically to cater for British tastes, and has been a much loved addition to our tables throughout the years. Unaltered since its creation, the launch of the new limited edition Heinz Salad Cream with Lemon & Black Pepper is a real first for this classic brand.


The new flavour is the brainchild of Heinz Salad Cream Senior Brand Manager Lynsey Hurst, who came up with the idea whilst making a sandwich on a quiet night in. Experimenting by stirring a squeeze of lemon and a twist of black pepper into some Heinz Salad Cream, she gave the sauce a tangy freshness she really liked. Excited by her creation, the next day she brought it to the office for everyone to try. Less than a year later Lynsey is bringing the unique new taste direct from her kitchen to supermarket shelves everywhere for fans to enjoy.

Hurst comments: ‘Lemon and black pepper is a classic and delicious combination. We believe the addition of these ingredients is a perfect way of bringing a new twist to a much-loved British favourite.’


I would like to hug Lynsey Hurst lots, as you will know if you read any of my other reviews I adore citrus flavours and fragrance, to eat, wash with, put on my skin and hair, so Lynsey could not have picked a better flavour to experiment with for me!

I tried it first with scampi and chips and I was bowled over, its an instant zing of lemon, fresh, tingly and very full on lemon flavour, the peppery fire just makes it really warm.
Conor may have to go as he keeps pinching it to put on salad sandwiches, I have caught Chris sneaking into the fridge too.

I am also keen to try out the recipes given by Heinz on their site
One in particular
 Creamy Lemon Chicken

I have one criticism though. Heinz Salad Cream with Lemon and Cracked Pepper is a limited edition and only will be around for a short time...Noooooooooooooooooooo!
This is far too good to only have for a short while, I looked at the sell by date on my bottle, its for a year so I can stockpile for a while, hoping that Heinz will take pity on me.  Please Heinz Sald Cream it needs to stay with us forever!

Heinz Salad Cream Lemon and Black Pepper will be available in all major supermarkets for a limited time only, from September 2010 - don’t miss out!

You will if I get to the shops first!
RRP: £1.15 - 295g Handy Pack bottle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment