Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jordans New Apple, Sultana & Cinnamon Frusli Bars


Jordans and I go back a long way, the flour mill where it all started in Biggleswade is not far from me, I pass it often, my best friends husband did work experience there back in the early 80's and I have been buying Jordans for decades now it seems and remember some of the first gorgeous cereals to come out from the site.



It was a rare thing twenty years ago to find natural foods, but with Jordans I at least had my breakfasts sorted out, good muesli's and my favourite Crunchy Oats.

Did you know? Jordans nature friendly farmers dedicate 10% of their land to wildlife where bees, birds and butterflies can thrive. Look for the Conservation Grade ® logo on the pack and rest assured you’re doing your bit for British wildlife.


I love the whole conservation  too, I have a mini wildlife pond and my patch of bee friendly flowers, one or two courtesy of Jordans offer last year, but nothing on the scale of Pensthorpe Nature Reserve still on my wish list of places to visit.

Pensthorpe Nature Reserve is owned by Bill Jordan, founder and owner of W. Jordan (Cereals) Ltd, and his wife Deb Jordan. When Mr Jordan, purchased the reserve in 2003 it was a natural extension of his lifetime commitment to forging a direct link between nature conservation and the creation of healthy foods through wildlife-friendly farming techniques.

OK sorry for going on when the main reason for this feature is the Jordan's New Apple, Sultan& Cinnamon Frusli Bars.

I was sent a box of six to try and am having a job not eating all six in one sitting. Jordans description below for them is:

Jordans Frusli Bars are gently baked using the best quality ingredients, including wholesome wholegrain oats grown on British nature friendly farms.
Thanks to the delicious blend of juicy fruits and wholegrain cereals, Frusli bars give you lasting energy. So no matter where you are or whatever you are doing Frusli bars are the perfect energy boost so you won’t run out of steam.

But what makes Jordans Frusli bars so utterly delicious is the generous serving of fruit baked into each bar – our special recipes mean our Frusli bars contain at least 25% fruit – far more than your average cereal bar.
As with all our Frusli bars we carefully select succulent fruit pieces, mix with wholegrain oat flakes and for our new Apple & Sultana bars we add a hint of cinnamon, to produce a moist, tasty and chewy bar that’s hard to resist




No artificial flavourings, colourings, preservatives or GM ingredients



Source of fibre



Suitable for vegetarians


Wholegrain Goodness
 
OK my description, they are a lovely golden colour, you can see the juicy sultanas and golden oats, I could smell the apple and cinnamon as I opened the wrapper. The bar is very fresh looking and sort of sticky. It does not appear healthy, but a look at the nutritional info tells me its 111 calories per bar, low fat and therefore good for me, it somehow does not seem possible as I take that first bite.
 
They taste as they smell, apply and fruity, really juicy sultanas blend with apple flavour and cinnamon, its texture is like a home baked flapjack not dry but a lovely sticky fruit filled one.
 Very chewy, sweet and utterly moreish!

These will be a great on the go food, I cannot always face breakfast in the week, so these will suit me well, Conor and Paige will enjoy the new flavour for pack ups when back at school, but nicest thing about these when you get the craving for something tasty but not wanting expanding waistlines these will be perfect.

Now all I need to do is hide the rest.



NEW Frusli Apple, Sultana & Cinnamon is simply bursting with fruit and is available at Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Waitrose stores nationwide, RRP £1.79. The rest of the Frusli range includes Raisin & Hazelnut, Blueberry, Red Berries, Cranberry & Apple and Pineapple & Papaya.


No comments:

Post a Comment