Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gigaset SL910A Home phone review

The first thing my daughter said as I opened the Gigaset SL910A was "Oh wow I thought you had an iphone!" The phone is actually a home phone but has the sleek looks of a good mobile handset!  A lovely large touch screen, sliding across from menu to menu. Its  a mobile for the home.


At first it felt  a little weightier but I think that is because it looks like my smart phone I expected the same feel, but compared to my current house phone is thinner and much more slimline! I have been using it a lot and it now fits in my hand and I don't think about it.
Benefits that really suit me is that the base that the handset sits (the dock) in does not have to be near the phone socket. This is fabulous for me, the house is quite long and the thick walls meant I was missing calls while charging my old phone.



It looks great in the living room as an accessory, even more so as its on the clock display, I hate ticking clocks, so previously to find out the time, we have been craning our necks to see the kitchen clock. It doubles up as a digital photo frame so in time I will be picking a lovely family shot to further make this as much an ornament as a useful gadget!


Chris loves to play with a new toy, the instruction book has been thoroughly read, he has been setting up ring tones, trying out the texting facility, bluetoothing his and mine's mobile contacts. He annoyingly set a shrill ringtone for himself that makes us all jump out of our skin when he phones home!

The phone has had a real benefit for Granny, she is hard of hearing and has always had trouble with phones, but she is actually able to hear people more clearly. This was not a feature I expected,but has been a great benefit and makes the phone invaluable for her friend to chat to her. Chris says the sound of my voice on his Parrot hands free device for the car is much better and vice versa.

Finally my love of this phone deepened with the separate belt clip, which enables me one to have the phone attached while I am working in the kitchen or caring for Granny.I am terrible for leaving my phones in a room and missing important calls. So having the Gigaset attached to me  means I am always contactable.

Its more obvious gain is hands free chatting so when I get a call from Chris every evening on his long journey home, I can carry on cooking the meal and not get grumpy that he rings when I am busy!


I am very impressed with the phone, the design  make it a pleasure to look at, the photo and clock face make it fit in the room as a pretty item but its usable features and clear connection, great sound quality, make it a much needed item, I did not think about before.



But don’t be fooled, this phone is much more than just appealing to the eye. The choice of three home screens, including: dial centre, ECO DECT technology, text message centre and customisable information screen, as well as picture ID function and Bluetooth capabilities, mean this phone delivers on every aspect of home telephony - sound, reliability and performance.
SL910A
Prices start from: £139.99
Handset size: 5.5 x 13.5 x 1.5 cm
Handset options: Single and additional handset

The SL910A is available to buy from John Lewis, Dixons, Amazon and Ligo.


For full details of all phone models available from Gigaset, please visit www.gigaset.com/uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment