Friday, June 28, 2013

Chiquito Breakfast Review



A spicy start to the morning is something I may not necessarily relate to breakfast but when Chiquito invited me to try the new breakfast menu, I was curious. Now I have been known to tuck into a chilli for breakfast but its more likely to be toast!

Chris and I arrived on a sunny Sunday morning, our Chiquito is in Hampton, where several restaurants,large shopping centre and new houses have sprung up over the last few years.The restaurant filled steadily with couples and families and it seems a great idea to me,a leisurely Sunday breakfast that Chris or I do not have to cook.

While we waited for our chosen breakfasts we were served fresh tea and coffee which is refilled until you float if required, Chris was in coffee heaven.

Chris the traditionalist and up for the challenge opted for a Breakfast Feast, it was a beautifully laid out plate, I loved the fact the beans were served in a dish, I hate it when beans are served over the top of my meal,or have too much sauce and make other items soggy, is this just me? He loved the vine cherry tomatoes, hash browns and eggs cooked to his request.




I went for a more Mexican breakfast, the Brunch Wrap, I asked for mine minus the baked beans for reasons above!
I loved the lighter meal, the wrap made it totally different to usual breakfasts of rolls or muffins. The bacon was tasty, egg just right,sausages juicy.

We both loved the freshness of the food, all perfectly cooked,we both agreed we would have preferred just pork sausages,the leek seemed strange in a breakfast, nice but having a choice I would have chosen plainer sausages.I am hoping Chiquito may offer both soon.


I finished my meal with a lovely fruit salad. This was beautiful, I definitely will be popping in for bowls of this when shopping!

Another dish that caught my eye was the Mexican ranch eggs, a tortilla topped with chorizo, sweetcorn,jalapeno,onion, black beans, salsa , cheese and two fried eggs. I really will be back to try this but possibly choosing it later in the morning. I hope that Chiquito add some other authentic mexican breakfasts to the menu. I looked around and people were tucking in heartily. 


Chris finished with more coffee,he definitely was starting to float! 


I was given a voucher to cover the cost of a breakfast for two, my opinions are my own and not affected by the offer of the voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment