Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Philadelphia Simply Stir



I need meals like the new Philadelphia Simply Stir even more at the moment, its very frustrating not to be able to cook. I broke my middle finger two weeks ago and I cannot use my right hand for at least 6-12 weeks,though I'm still managing to get my hand in,one hand.
I have gained two sous chefs,namely Chris and Paige, they chop and as long as the meal is just a stir I can do it. I like to keep if I can, its a love more than a chore.

 As you know I use the tubs a lot, I have used them to make meals as a sauce and a thickener,when I was losing weight with Slimming World they kept me going through a time where cheese and cream based sauces were off the menu and they have stayed as its so much more healthy.

I was pleased to see the new Simply Stirs are relatively low in syns for a family meal,13 and 1/2 syns (serving 4 they work out at 3 and 1/2 syns), now some may consider it high but for a girl on target and I do not use my syns up most days its good.


Meals in minutes is definitely the order of the day, I chose to use fresh chicken,once that is cooked the sauce is added and meal ready,think how fast with cooked meats and fish. On top of a baked potato just run through cooked pasta or boil in the bag rice these will be great.

I used four chicken breasts, the sauce is enough to coat the chicken, I envisage using two pouches and maybe adding fresh mushrooms as well. We all loved the taste and I Paige commented she will be using these when she goes to uni.


Sorry about the blurry image one finger camera under chin,is not advised.
I can't wait until my hand is back in action,I have all sorts of plans for these, I can see a big chicken and mushroom pie, a garlic and herb chicken lasagne. Mmmm!

New Philadelphia Simply Stir is available in most supermarkets with an RRP of £1.99 for a 200g pouch. You can find it next to the current Philadelphia products in your supermarket’s refrigerated cheese aisle.


Philadelphia Simply Stir should be kept in the fridge – and can be enjoyed with a wide variety of foods including meat, fish, vegetables, rice or pasta.

Disclosure I was given two pouches of Philadelphia. I was under no obligation to receive the samples or talk about Philadelphia. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.




No comments:

Post a Comment