Thursday, September 12, 2013

Slow cooked Chicken Provencal


I cook from scratch, love it and have discovered since breaking my finger,three months and still in a splint I was destined to have personal sous chefs! Chris and Paige have been great choppers,dicers and peelers, so I can still keep my hand in and cook. I may continue this routine hehe!! 

We do more food planning so that all my ingredients are chopped the day before and then I can cook at leisure,pan lifting is a bit tricky so my slow cooker has been on the side permanently. Its really helped with the heat of summer an unexpected bonus, we have been  eat a great cooked meal without melting from the heat of the oven.

 I reviewed the Tefal slow cooker http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/judge-slow-cooker-review.html

I have had great success with it, my best question and find was Can you cook bread in a slow cooker? The answer was a very successful yes!! Look out for the giveaway to win one!
http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/slow-cooker-bread.html

Back to this weeks recipe I so waffle, I have been reviewing more products to make life simple designed for busy cooks not just broken digits. The latest is the Just Add range herbs and spice in an easy tube,I love them, they have a three week shelf life if refrigerated,I am already half way through the garlic in a week.



Just Add removes the fiddly task of chopping when cooking meaning that you can simply reach for the squeezy tube or one shot sachet to add your desired taste sensation, which includes: Garlic, Chili, Basil, Ginger and Coriander. They are perfect for a fuss free, flavorsome supper across a range of cuisines, for example, the Coriander is great in curries and stir-frys and the Ginger makes a delicious marinade. Available from Tesco Asda, Waitrose and Ocado
http://www.justadd.me.uk/



I used the Just Add Garlic and Basil for this slow cooked chicken, its a lovely alternative to snipping leaves or crushing garlic and stringy ginger.The basil especially had a lovely fresh aroma and in  the finished dish it was very evident.

To make a Slimming World Chicken Provencal, just use fresh garlic and basil.
I made this a rather herby chicken,feel free to omit or add herbs of your choice,most  of the recipes start as a certain dish then I tinker!

Do not be alarmed by the size of the dish above I doubled up my recipe,as I was taking some to London for my Mum and Dad.



Serves 4
Ingredients

1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
1 green pepper, cut into large chunks

1 onion sliced
450 grams chicken breast or thigh
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbs tomato purée
1 tsp Just Add garlic
1 tsp Just Add basil
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
Black pepper

Method
Fry the chicken if you want to but I did not this time as using breast pieces. It tastes the same either way and saves even more time.

The method again is very simple,place all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours!

Disclosure Just Add sent me the Garlic, Basil and chill range to try. I received no other payment,my views are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment