Thursday, July 15, 2010

Asolo Mythos GTX


I was lucky enough to win £100 to spend in George Fisher of Kendal and when we took our holiday in the lakes, we visited the shop and began the fitting.

Finally I decided based on comfort and have to say being a sucker for good looking footwear, the Asolo Mythos GTX I was delighted to get a half size also rare in any footwear.


Off I went and with the lakes and good walking country at my feet, we set off for our first walk.

I was prepared for then to take time to wear in, hoping not to get a blister and in the main wanted them to support my high arches and tendency for weak ankles that give.


They were fabulous, I have never walked in a boot that did not take time to mould to my way of walking, they always need a good 20 miles at least, but the Asolo seriously felt like I had been in them for years, not a blister, not a single ache in my ankle.

I had intended on a mile and they felt so good the first hike, we did 6 and I was mightily impressed but more than that relieved as I did not have weeks of breaking in to do.


OK the girly bit, sorry you pros out there but I love fashion too, so for me the height they gave me was a bonus, nothing like a lengthened profile to feel good.

They just look so good too, my teens love them as well, that is definitely an advantage.


They are for a narrow fit more so walkers with wider feet will perhaps have to make sure they are fitted properly first, its never advisable to order boots online without a fitting anyway.
They are water resistant and I can testify to that we spent a pretty wet summer last year walking and they kept me dry, I do clean them and waterproof after a really mucky walk.
Check out the new collection of boots http://www.asolo.com/eng/




UPPER Water-resistant suede 1,6-1,8 mm + High Tenacity Nylon

LINING: Gore-tex

LASTING BOARD: Asoflex 400 GOLD

ANATOMIC FOOTBED: Lite 2 SOLE: Matrix (rubber-Eva) + Active Heel Support

FIT : ML WEIGHT: 510 GR


No comments:

Post a Comment