Monday, July 26, 2010

HEAL YOUR SKIN FROM SUN WITH NEW HYDROGEL HELP


We all get lots of extra exposure to the weather this time of the year and I for one am out in it a lot, walking cycling, gardening, just lazing around in the garden or out at the park.

There is no doubt that the sun can have a positive effect on our health and sense of well being. But overexposure to the weather can also make our skin dry, peeling is not just due to sunbathing but all outdoor activities.


To help with this I was given the opportunity to try new AfterSun/Sea/Sport Active Hydrogel.
It is a water-based liquid gel designed for everyday use which provides a long lasting cooling and moisturising effect, specially designed to soothe and repair skin exposed to the sun and the wind.

After Sun/Sea/Sport is an odourless, non sticky active hydrogel that is rapidly absorbed and acts quickly on the skin.
The treatment, which is supported by clinical research, rehydrates skin through osmotic action, drawing water to the surface from within - restoring the natural defence barrier, reducing the chances of premature aging and decreasing the risk of peeling from sun exposure.


Beauty and skin care expert, Ariane Poole said: “Being outdoors is great for our well being but means our skin is exposed to the elements and it doesn’t take long before the effects of the sun and the wind take their toll on our skin. People should treat their skin from the impact of the elements on a daily basis by using a hydrating treatment like AfterSun/Sea/Sport to soothe and repair the skin – conventional products that simply moisturise are simply not enough.”

People are not just at risk of damaging their skin when sunbathing. The most common ways for people’s skin to become dehydrated are after sunbathing (40%), when gardening (37%), watching an event (27%) or working outdoors (25%).(1)


We had a morning in the garden on Saturday and when I came in I was as usual feeling hot and my skin was dry, especially my face, hands and arms. I tried the AfterSun/Sea/Sport and was surprised by the instant cooling effect, that alone made me put more on.
I see this alone as invaluable when on holiday later next month.

I get into the car after a day on the beach, my skin always feels tight and uncomfortable from the sea air and sun. I have a big tub of moisturiser in the cool box always now, but it is pretty unpleasant if mixed with sand and also when I am hot, adding greasy or heavier products on top, makes me pretty grumpy. So I often wait to get home to shower.
I went to Battle of the Proms on Saturday and it was a very hot late afternoon, a lovely warm evening. We were out in the weather until dark and again handy to have the AfterSun I felt so refreshed and my skin was definitely more hydrated. Added to the repairing of skin its a must have for anybody who is outdoors.
A big thumbs up and arms and face, they all feel so good.
AfterSun/Sea/Sport, priced at £5.99 for 150ml

No comments:

Post a Comment