Thursday, July 22, 2010

Croft Pink - Whats your Pink Moment?



I am often looking for a new drink to try especially in summer, not often a lover of heavy spirits, more often I like a pitcher of something refreshing, so when I was offered a bottle of Croft Pink port and saw some of the recipes suggested on the Croft Pink website my old memories of port were questioned and I wanted to give it another chance.


This is the statement that attracted me


Unlike Port drinkers of old, Croft Pink quaffers have permission to really mix it up – charge it with chilli, spritz it with soda and fresh fruit, drizzle it over raspberry sorbet, serve it tall with equal amounts of Jasmine tea, or bring on the gin, orange bitters and ginger beer.


Regarding my past memories, I was served port at a wedding a few years ago and found it quite heavy, I think I still see it as a drink served in male member clubs, filled with cigar smoke and leather chairs. I also seem to recall Henry the Eighth partaking, it just seems stuffy.


First thing I liked about Croft Pink was the colour, it has a cherry colour, light in tone and instantly I could see this was no middle-aged gentleman's tipple.


I first tried it over ice as suggested and I was surprised to taste a lovely light fruity port, no cloying aftertaste. Easy to drink and Chris had a sip and liked it also, despite at first dismissing it as a woman's drink, then grabbing the ice and a glass.


Yesterday I had to try some over raspberry sorbet, its sublime, the warm taste of the Croft Pink over the cool sweet sorbet, this will be a dinner party special I feel.


I think I will be trying with lemonade and orange in my pitcher with perhaps raspberries and orange wedges, I am sure it will be refreshing.


If you like the sound of this gorgeous port take a look at some of the other recipes http://www.croftpink.com/
Also take a look at the Whats your Pink Moment gallery where you can add a photo or video of your Croft Pink experience, looks like there is a competition coming soon too.
Just had to add its lovely with bitter lemon and ice, I served it at the weekend and both sets of friends asked where they could buy it.
Croft Pink is available from Tesco, Sainsbury, Co-Op and Morrison, at just £10.49 a bottle.




No comments:

Post a Comment