Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yantra Mat Review


First thoughts when I was asked to try a Yantra Mat this were "Ooh something that might stop my backache" long hours on a laptop have me slouching more than I should. I next did snigger as I thought about the word, my mind often plays and I immediately thought its a cross between Yoga and Tantric somehow, then remembering Sting discussing this on a chat show and revealing his bedtime yoga antics with wife Trudi Styler.

Its is more interesting even than Sting and his revelations. The Yantra Mat works on the principle of acupressure. Acupressure is a form of touch therapy that utilises the principles of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. In acupressure, the same points on the body are used as in acupuncture, but are stimulated with finger pressure instead of with the insertion of needles. Acupressure is used to relieve a variety of symptoms and pain.


When it arrived, mine is green as you will see from my photo, it looked really comfy and big all wrapped up. As I unrolled it I was surprised by how small or should I say short it is. Its not too small, I just expected it to be longer. It is exactly the length of my back, so fit for its purpose.
Then as I held it I felt the white discs which are known as spiked flowers.
They certainly were spiky and felt quite uncomfortable so I was not really sure how it would feel lying on it.

But I grew up fascinated by spiritual men lying on beds of nails and fire walking and knew I should at least have a go.

As I lay down, I tried the back position first, it was hurting slightly but as I lay properly in position, I felt no discomfort at all.


Position 1: Back


Lay on an even surface. If possible, place a pillow under your neck. This stimulates acupressure points along the spine and may help to soothe back problems.



I felt I might not be lying right as it really did not hurt but even shifting about made no difference, it was ultra comfortable straight away.

After a few moments my skin felt sort of tingly, ever so warm and it sort of made me feel fuzzy you know that feeling if you drink alcohol, after a glass of wine.

Its so relaxing and I felt so chilled lying in my living room, in the middle of the day, the type of relaxation was like lying on a beach on a warm sunny day. Within 15 minutes the first ever use, I was actually drifting off to sleep.
Amazing as I just do not sleep ever in the day.

Over the last week I have tried the various positions.


Position 2: Stomach
Lay on your stomach as in the picture. This may improve your metabolism and loosen tightness in the diaphragm and respiratory muscles.

I find this not as relaxing yet this is my usual sleep position, but after 10 minutes, its as strangely soothing and I have that feeling of calm.


Position 3: Jaw
Lay down carefully with your cheek against the mat. If this feels unpleasant, use a thin sheet. This position may loosen tightness in the neck and jaw.

I did need to put a cloth over the mat, I am going to be using this a lot, its an instant relaxation remedy.
My face felt as if previous to lying like this it had been clenched for decades. Yet I am quite a chilled momma but I obviously have tension in my jaw.




Position 4: Seated
You can use the mat on a regular chair, or lie down and place the mat under your buttocks. This position may loosen tension in the lumbar region and buttocks.

This is the easiest position to at least find 10 minutes for, its like having a warming massage on your lower back. The blood flow is definitely moving, I like this one for convenience. I have used it while watching TV.

Overall, I am already sleeping much better. I have an ache and I already am reaching for my mat. 

I must mention this. I believe my circulation is improved already, it appears to be helping with the Raynaud's Syndrome I suffer with in my fingertips. Last winter it found its way to my toe, so I expect it is worsening. 
If the Yantra Mat helps, it will definitely be a bonus for me as the Dr has suggested tablets that are used in heart patients for the condition, I really am reluctant to start taking strong medicines.

The Yantra Mat will be ideal for people who may rely on painkillers to maybe have an alternative for aches and pains.

I do feel I have more energy, this could be the fact I am sleeping better. So for people who have trouble switching off at night, this may also work for them.


I am now up to a weeks use and it has a 14 day money back guarantee.
I am telling you all this, you would have to pay me a lot to get my cuddly hedgehog type mat from my hands now. 
Well what it would cost to get a new one!

The Yantra Mat is  worth every penny of its £39.90 and I will be raving on its benefits for years to come.


The NEW Yantra Mat, £39.90, is available from all good pharmacies and direct from
Lifes2good on
0845 399 0038
or






No comments:

Post a Comment