Sunday, December 25, 2011

Random Act of Kindness

Relaxed and you can't see the ribs anymore

As some of you know we have taken in a rescue puppy saved from destruction, he is adorable, cute, 5 months old and because of where he's been (Who really knows) has really only known kennels and playing roughly with his brothers. he came to us very ill and desperately underweight and has turned our lives upside down, there have been tears, whines and baring of teeth (not the puppy, all from us) as we adjust to the mayhem that is Alfie!)

He bounded into our lives two weeks ago and has bounded wherever he feels he needs to be, he does not know that my kitchen sides are taboo really. He wees where he feels is good and chews everything his teeth like the feel of.

All these things are slowly being worked through to make him a true young gentleman and not one of us would be without him, we really feel we have done a great thing in saving him and as Christmas looms, minus a nativity scene that Alfie was fond of, we feel we have a great gift.

No, ours is not the act of kindness in the title.
My laptop has been sorely neglected as Alfie demands a lot of care being ill and suffering separation anxiety if I walk out of a room, however it gained his attention on Sunday when he had a little nibble.

Its enough to put it out of action, I was not too panicky as I had a faulty adaptor and lead a while back, I settled on one on Amazon, from a  business seller called  Chargers4U (click on the name for their shopfront) who sent one, it came so fast, was a quarter of the price if I'd bought from the manufacturer and worked well.

So I contacted them this time to replace the cord I explained I only needed part of the unit as Alfie had chomped one piece.

This is the reply I received

Dear Jo,


I am sorry we do not sell the power cord by itself. But do not worry, as an animal lover myself and seeing as it is XMAS, I will send you a new power cord free of charge today :) could you please get back to me with your Amazon order ID so I can send it straight away?
Thank you and have a lovely day

Do you know how amazed I felt? I was a little tearful that a total stranger and not to mention business could be so kind. 

This Christmas I have had my faith truly restored in the good seen in others, friends and family aside, its the act of a stranger that can make you feel so good.

I review products here and customer service regularly as a mystery shopper and auditor, so I feel its fitting to feature the lovely Chargers4U

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment