Thursday, June 21, 2012

Macaroni Cheese with Ham & Sweetcorn Philly Recipe


You may have seen the new holographic Philly lids on packs that remind me of cartoon cards I collected as a kid. The normal girl became Super Girl etc. Well the Philadelphia tub when tilted shows a recipe.

Mine is adapted to make a Slimming World Macaroni Cheese

I had already made this meal a few times,regular readers know I like sharing my best Slimming World Recipes and have tweaked mine to a) make more and b) make it Slimming World friendly.


Philly is a great friend of Slimming world members, perhaps Philadelphia know this. The Philadelphia Light is a recommended portion of calcium in a daily Healthy Extra A, the allowed portion is enough to use in some of the great recipes they have online.



I add a bit more pasta and veggies, courgettes and mushrooms are usually in the fridge. Peppers go really well too, bacon makes a nice alternative.

I forgot to add the sweetcorn.......oops. I am post holiday and wading through a list of things to do, I got as far as buying the sweetcorn, then it slipped my mind. This is what comes of making a recipe a few times, getting confident and thinking I don't have to read it again!

 I added the extras to turn the meal into six portions and keep within my 'Healthy Extra' allowance. Serving four its one
Although I am now maintaining a nice size 8 I still like my main meals to be healthy and non fattening so always add a third more veg and pasta.

The weight amounts below are for 4 people and the cost is less than Philadelphia state if you shop seasonally visit stores that have pasta and ham at cheaper prices.


I am a massive fan of Macaroni Cheese the rich heavy sauce and soft pasta, it is one of my all time comfort foods. However for a lighter alternative that is actually easier on the digestion and way easier than a bechamel sauce, I recommend the Philly version too.

Macaroni Cheese with Ham and Sweetcorn


Serves : 4

Times
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:: 15 minutes







300 g macaroni

150 g Philadelphia Light (2 HExA)

185ml semi skimmed milk ( 100ml is 1 1/2 syns, I count this as 3 syns, then round it up if serving 4 as 1 syn, erring on higher)

84g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese or mix of mature cheese and parmesan (2 HExA)

1 courgette diced

200g smoked bacon fat removed cut into squares

100g mushrooms sliced




Instructions
 
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C, Gas 5. Cook the macaroni according to instructions on pack. Whilst it is cooking mix the Philly with the milk and half of the cheddar.
2. Drain the pasta and return to the pan, mix with the Philly mixture, sweetcorn, ham and courgettes.
3. Turn into a greased ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until light golden brown.

Thanks to http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/ for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment