Monday, June 25, 2012

Tremendous Tomato Facts! Heinz Tomato Ketchup



I have tomato plants each year, I usually have a glut of tomatoes and try and find new ways to use them up, if I could master Heinz Ketchup I would.

I was always convinced sure there was a secret tomato variety that they grow, I was fascinated to learn that I was right.

I will give you a fact or two of my own first, Heinz have more interesting ones though.

World War 3 could break out if Heinz Ketchup is not in our fridge.
Paige takes sachets of Heinz to college with her.
I sulked when Chris and Paige wanted to put tomato sauce on one of my own recipes without trying it first...heathens!!!


Tremendous Tomato Facts!

Heinz has its very own varieties of tomatoes used in its tomato ketchup

Heinz Tomato Ketchup has a speed limit. If during manufacturing Heinz Tomato Ketchup pours unaided at more than 0.028mph, it’s rejected

Heinz Tomato Ketchup was originally called Catsup, derived from the Chinese word Koe-chiap

1876 – First secret recipe for Heinz Tomato Ketchup introduced by Heinz seven years
after the company’s foundation

Over 10,000 varieties of tomato exist: from tiny “tomberries” about 5mm wide (less
than a quarter of an inch) to the Ponderosa variety, which weighs over 1.5kg (over 3lbs)

La Tomatina is an annual festival in Bunol, Spain, where participants throw an estimated 150,000 tomatoes at each other over a week, purely for fun

Tomato seedlings have previously been grown in space. Heinz Tomato Ketchup has
been exclusively approved by NASA for use on the International Space Station!
Tomatoes are actually a fruit and not a vegetable

The largest tomato ever grown covers an area of 56.73 m² according to the Guinness
World Records

Heinz Tomato Ketchup contains a third of a tomato in every 15ml squeeze
There are so many varieties of tomato that they can be grown in just about any climate
(sandy, dry, moist, or salty) and in almost any soil

Tomato juice is the official state beverage of Ohio

Heinz Tomato Ketchup sells more than 70* million bottles each year across the UK alone making it the nations favourite ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment