Thursday, January 20, 2011

TUACA Review



The nights are getting colder again, just when we thought we had seen the last of the icy weather, its back. I looked out the window first thing and Jack Frost has definitely been having an ice party in my garden.
So I have cranked the heating up and the jumpers are back in triplicate, but I have a quite sublime warming liqueur to help keep out the chill.
Now you know its going to be a big like for me mention citrus and you have me! Tuaca has orange and sweet vanilla tones in a warming brandy and its truly a beautiful tipple. I added it to cranberry as its a favourite juice of mine and the brandy and orange was a perfect combination.

TUACA is a delicious premium vanilla liqueur with citrus essences. Made to the same unique recipe since 1938, TUACA is an exquisite blend of oak aged Italian brandy, infused with natural citrus fruit and sweet aromatics, including light vanilla tones. This mix gives TUACA an incredibly complex taste profile, making it an ideal base for cocktails and long drinks, as well as excellent as a chilled shot, to be sipped and savoured.
 I found it perfect over chocolate ice cream too by the way.

I looked it up as I like to know where something originates especially if I have not heard of it before.


TUACA began as a legendary liqueur created for Lorenzo de Medici—ruler of Florence and visionary benefactor of renaissance art and architecture. The recipe was rediscovered in 1938, when brothers-in-law Gaetano Tuoni and Giorgio Canepa recreated this intriguing spirit and gave it a new name derived from their own—TUACA. Continuing the tradition of enjoying the unique liqueur and passing it on, American servicemen drank TUACA in Italy during WWII and brought it home to the U.S., introducing it to a whole new generation of adventurers.

I am glad it has finally after 500 years got to my door, I recommend you bring it to yours soon too.
Tuaca (available at Selfridges and Harvey Nichols or online at http://www.thedrinkshop.com and www.drinkon.com, RRP £19.99) .



I have added some recipes for you to try 
 http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuaca-winter-warmer-recipes.html

Tuaca have a Facebook page too below.



No comments:

Post a Comment