Friday, November 25, 2011

COLMANS INSTANT GRAVY PASTE REVIEW


As it gets colder a hot dinner with lashings of gravy is called for, I was sent the new Colman's Instant gravy paste , have you seen the big beef bull rocking out on the ads?
I was quite curious to see how good it is, coming from the home of my beloved English mustard I did have high hopes.

I am not keen on the granules so for me again I was hoping for better.

As you know I have now lost two stones, happily sliding into skinny size 8 jeans again and so looked on the Slimming World website to see how naughty this easy to prepare gravy is I was satisfied to see that for a jug of gravy following the portion suggested its 1 and a half syns, the gravy is enough for four people so its more or less half a syn, happy days!!


When it comes to making it, it couldn't be simpler. You just squeeze out two heaped teaspoons and put into a jug, pour on 250 ml of boiling water and whisk thoroughly.


I found that if you make it and stand it for a few moments after whisking, it thickens up more and I ended adding more water which means this measure actually goes further.


My favourite is the chicken it tastes so good, rich and chickeny.

The other two are delicious flavours – beef and an onion flavour are as good and we all loved them.

I will definitely be using again.


AVE A BUTCHERS AT NEW COLMAN’S INSTANT GRAVY PASTE
Colman’s launches instant gravy with real meat juices

It’s fair to say that gravy is a national passion -   whether poured on bangers and  mash, or splashed on a Sunday roast, many meals are simply inconceivable without it! For a gravy so delicious that it will leave mums across the nation in need of a bigger gravy boat, try Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste – a new and superior instant gravy that contains real meat juices.

To mark the launch, Colman’s has enlisted a group of British butchers – the experts in  meaty meals – to join the new ‘Colman’s Butchers Board’ *. So tasty is the new Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste that eight out of ten (79%) members of the “Colman’s Butchers Board” preferred it and said it tasted more homemade than the leading competitor. Its meaty flavour (67%) consistency (48%) and ease of use  (54%) also made it a winner with the whole family.

Colman’s Butchers Board member James Rutland of Rutland Butchers, Norfolk, said; “I know my meat and Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste is a delicious accompaniment – my family absolutely love it. It contains real meat juices which makes it extra tasty – the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to a Sunday roast. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a tasty gravy the whole family will love and all levels of cooks will be able to prepare.”
Gaelle Bouchard, Colman’s, says: “Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste has been developed with busy mums in mind – it’s quick and easy to prepare and contains no nasty artificial additives, meaning the whole family can enjoy its tasty flavour.“

Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste is free of nasty preservatives and artificial flavour enhancers. It is available in all major UK supermarkets.

RRP is £1.59 and it comes in 130g easy-squeeze tubes, which provide approximately 5 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment