Monday, November 14, 2011

Enrapture Encode Totem Styler Review



I recently had the  pleasure to review the Enrapture Amplify Jumbo waver, my hair has been beach babe tresses, during the Indian summer, digging out the summer dresses and having wavy hair was a great look.

You can read my review just here,  http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/enrapture-amplify-jumbo-waver-review.html  its amazing, creates a fabulous look. I was impressed and when Enrapture asked me if I would try the Encode Totem Styler, I was not really expecting to be wowed like I was with the Amplify Jumbo Waver. Curling tongs are nearly as old as electricity.  But impressed by the Waver  and how unique it was in design and usage I also had higher hopes for at the styler being at least great to use.

I had a quick read and  this time the look created would be ringlets, Bohemian curls and soft waves,so with the Christmas party season coming up I expected this to be of great value. For more stylised curls.

Again like the Amplify Jumbo waver what's lovely is the styler came in a really fabulous shiny purple box. It opens like a gift box, really looks nice to store the styler in, when not in use. It also has a pouch to store the styler and  act as a heat resistant mat. I found I was able to put it away straight after use. Most tong/straightener users will know how invaluable this is for safety against scorch marks on the dressing table.



Now the Encode title did not really register until I sat down with the wand in my hand. It has three codes 1-2-3 and you can use 1 for loose curls, 2 for medium, and yes you guessed 3 for tight curls.


Now this becomes even more fun when you can actually turn the settings to a 123 combo, or a 113 for example (113 is a Glamour curl)

When Chris my husband goes into the salon and asks for a number 2 on the sides and a 4 on top, I do get to wishing styling for me was as easy, maybe when it comes to curls it will be.

The styler also has a small flipper, no not that little marine film star, its the part that  holds the hair in place. I found I used this the most, you can wind segments of hair around the barrel, but I found I had good results with the flipper.

The best way to show you my pics is to use my glamorous assistant Paige who felt full of cold, not being really up for a pampering session, I promised I just wanted to do a couple of curls, just to try it out. Paige has very long straight hair and being fine not the greatest hair model for curling appliances, so this would be a good test for the styler.


Heating up was ultra fast within seconds it was ready. It has a great little stand on the handle so easy to rest between applying. The cord is a huge 3 metres long, it is obvious this works where power sockets are ill placed, but also a boon if you want to wander and reach for your cuppa, or answer the phone, while still styling.

I found it so great to use, its been a while since I last used tongs and I was amazed by how well the tongs curled her hair. Paige was so pleased with the speed, she agreed to me doing more.
As you can see the 111 setting gives a lovely loose romantic style curl.


I whipped around her hair with speed, I found it easy to handle, light to hold and a breeze to use. The result was a shoulderful of curls in a few minutes, a happy Paige and an impressed reviewer.


 Bear in mind my poorly model was burning up with a fever as she posed but actually felt cheered up with her waves.


Enrapture are so confident you will love the Encode Totem Styler like I do that if you are not completely satisfied, you can simply return it to the retailer within 30 days for a full refund. Terms and conditions apply.


http://www.enrapturehair.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment