Thursday, January 10, 2013

#Deskfest Alpro Challenge Oaty Chocolate Banana Shake.







"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. 
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.”




 #Deskfest  Day 4 here at Given To Distracting Others and its a busy Friday, I have lots to do so I made another drink.  I am really enjoying the time spent and A chocolate drink is possibly not what I would drink for breakfast using Alpro Hazelnut milk. I made a bowl of fruit but the shake was so filling I struggled.


I added a little pouring yogurt to make it like a  thick shake and it certainly helped. Plus the addition of oats gives a filling and healthy fibre boost. 



Oaty Chocolate Banana Shake

75ml  Alpro hazelnut milk
50ml Alpro pouring yogurt
1 large ripe banana 
3 tsp  cocoa powder (adjust to taste)
50g fine rolled oats (leave out if you do not have a high speed blender)


Method
  1. Place the all the ingredients  into a high speed blender. Pulse to break up the banana, then blend on high speed for a couple of minutes until completely smooth. Check the flavour and add honey or sugar to sweeten if desired.  Blend for a few more seconds, then serve.

I added a little honey and next time will only use 2 tsps cocoa, I found it  a tad strong, but my son loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment