Thursday, January 10, 2013

#Deskfest Challenge American Blueberry Pancakes

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper


Halfway through my #deskfest challenge and I am definitely benefiting from the extra energy.

I also know the family are loving the breakfasts and I have managed to get Conor to eat something which was an unexpected bonus.
I have made these on pancake day and usually with cows milk.




For a different breakfast, it  has been a huge hit with all of us.  I made the batter the night before so it would be faster to make in the morning.
I toyed with adding sugar to the batter but decided to just let the blueberries add the sweetness and drizzle with orange blossom honey.

This has to be my fave breakfast so far and the Alpro made no difference to the taste or outcome of my usual recipe.


200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg
300 ml Alpro unsweetened milk
 knob of melted butter
150g blueberries
oil to cook
Orange Blossom honey

Makes about 16 pancakes.



Sieve the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. 

Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. 

Beat in the melted butter, and gently stir in half the blueberries.

Heat a small amount of oil a large non-stick frying pan. 

Drop a large spoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan. I use a tablespoon.

I start by making one at a time until I get used to timings and spread, then I make 3 or 4 at a time.


Cook  over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. 

Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter. Serve with orange blossom honey, maple syrup or sprinkle with sugar.

Serve with raspberries and the rest of the blueberries.





No comments:

Post a Comment