Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Famille Bougrier Wine Review


I was sent two delightful bottles of wine to sample over Christmas and New Year.
They both are produced by Société Bougrier ,a family-run wine producer/negociant company based in the Loire in Northern France.  

Covering some 800 hectares of vineyards across three main Loire regions (Muscadet, Anjou-Saumur and Touraine) it produces around 50,000 hl of wine per annum.  


I was sent a Muscadet and a  Rosé d’Anjou 2011

The Rose Anjou is firstly very pretty, a lovely pale pink. Perfect for the dinner table. The wine is fruity yet crisp. I tasted stummer fruits and love the light taste, but also approved of the dry crisp edge.

I have never tried a Muscadet, so glad I have now. I found it to be far drier than I imagined. It is really dry, just how I love drinking wine, I am sad that I tried it without a good fish dish. It has a rich crisp taste.

The UK is one of  Société Bougrier's key markets, where wines are currently at Majestic, Oddbins, Nicolas, Direct Wines, Marks & Spencer and via importers such as Coe Vintners, Harvey’s, Wine Importers and Avery’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment