Sunday, January 20, 2013

Shake up your Wake up with Denhay Farms this Farmhouse Breakfast Week!


There are many special event weeks  to take part in but Farmhouse Breakfast week is one I look forward to.
As you may have read on my blog, I have decided to eat breakfast every day. 
I have found it gives me more energy, sets me up for the day, as I am making it for Granny who I care for anyway,so it seems sensible that I eat then too. Today being Sunday,the family are all in ,fed upwith the snow, just starting to fall again and a big home cooked breakfast is the perfect tonic.



Denhay sent me an Ultimate Breakfast Box and opening it was a treat in itself.  

I spied Denhay bacon which is made using only British outdoor bred pork and is cured by hand with sea salt and matured slowly. They do not add water to the meat which means its like bacon  used to be when I was a child. Succulent and meaty.

A whopping 5 million of us eat sausages every day*,   and I was sent spoiltpig sausages, they are produced using pork approved by Freedom Food to strict RSPCA welfare standards, this means the animal has lived a healthy and happy life.The meat content is 80% and if they are good enough for Prince Charles, I am happy to tuck in too.


I always buy free range eggs, but the Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs in the hamper look truly good. They have a real rich brown shell, really strong looking. 

Fresh mushrooms, Tracklements Toamato sauce which is really rich, good old HP sauce and a new one for me a tasty salsa to serve make this a weekend treat.

The meal  was truly delicious,the sausages delicious and meaty and no fat at all, the bacon was just scrummy, the eggs perfect with the most orange yolk I have seen, it  makes me yearn to live at a farmhouse just for the breakfasts!


Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, but it’s all too easy to get stuck in a boring breakfast rut, or even skip it altogether. This Farmhouse Breakfast Week (20th-26th January), get inspired with Denhay Farms’ Ultimate Breakfast Box and whip up some delicious creations to start your day the best way.


.For recipe inspiration visit www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/breakfastrecipes or let your creativity run wild to fashion your own recipes – boring breakfasts banned!


No comments:

Post a Comment