Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Denise McAdam Haircare Review - PROFESSIONAL HAIRCARE WITHOUT THE ROYAL PRICE TAG

I love a good hair product, I  sat  and talked for about an hour with the manager of a salon as she finished my hair raving about our latest loves in the hair world.
The big names were up there Kerastase, Paul Mitchell, TIGI, but I wish I'd told her about the range from Denise McAdam which is in Tesco exclusively.

I've been reviewing a selection of the products  including some for coloured hair, having my hair done was good timing, I was able to see how they measured up to some of my usuall colour care products, risky you might think trialling a  new set of products on my beloved highlights.

 However I was pretty confident when I read Denise McAdam was at the wedding of Kate and William yes the that Kate and Prince William. Denise has been hairdresser to the Royal family for 30 years! Not only that she was the hairdresser for Sarah Ferguson when she married Prince Andrew.
Denise has the proud honour of being awarded the coveted Royal Warrant as well.
So I can safely say my hair was being handed over to a quality set of products.

After almost 10 years since it was first on the shelves, the revamped Denise McAdam hair care range is back with six collections – Fight The Frizz, Colour Protect, Full Volume, Blonde Enhancing, Brunette Super Shine and Moisture Master
First up Moisture Master which is an intensive moisture masque, now if you saw on Twitter the reason I had the manager finishing my hair was that the stylist who started my hair was taken ill, half a head of colour not bad but some of it bleach.
It was saved but as a result some sections are very dry and need that little extra.  The Moisture master is superb, it spreads on easily, gets left on for 2-3 minutes. Just time for me to brush my teeth, then rinses off as effortlessly as it goes on. Its a lovely smell and leaves my hair lightweight despite most masques making my hair heavy and a little greasy.

I have used a couple of times a week not sure if its too much, but my hair doesn't seem to be complaining. It feels good on the ends and feel much less dry.

The Fight The Frizz Smoothing Serum, is another lovely product it not only works as all serums but locks in the colour and seals it. Denise recommends using for at least 3 weeks after your hair is done to gain optimum colour protection.  I find that my hair laps it up, I have used on dry hair in the middle of the day, although its for towel dried hair firstly. I used 5 drops on dry, probably less on my damp hair as it spreads more easily.
As an added bonus it makes my hands feel soft too.

My next product to try was the Pro Colour Conditioner.
  Its got a gorgeous scent and made my hair smell fabulous, I found that my colour has been good since using but it did not quite keep my hair silky and nourished as I am used to. Now luckily I have the masque but between times I found my hair was a little dry.

Finally  I used the Moisture Master Heat Protection Spray, a lovely light spray again a lovely scent and worked well to keep my hair smooth and stopped it from being dry. Its a lovely big bottle, so will last a long time.
 
All in all I am very impressed with the range, my hair is still looking good colour wise and soft and protected due to the Moisture Master range.

 
Denise says; “Just because I work with high profile names doesn’t mean that quality hair care should come with a Hollywood price tag! The ethos for this range has always been about the best hair care at affordable prices and we have continued to embrace this for the relaunch. The formulations in the range contain quality ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to help women get the best from their hair. ” 
The quality formulations combine Denise’s styling experience with scientific research to address the ever changing needs of modern women’s hair to achieve maximum benefits
                                       
The 18 products in the range are stocked exclusively in Tesco
 
Denise McAdam Hair Care collections (£3.50 - £3.80) are stocked exclusively in Tesco stores

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Mcadam

No comments:

Post a Comment