Friday, March 23, 2012

Getting Messy with Cillit Bang Part 2 Chicken Piggy Pot Pie Recipes from Holly Bell - Mess from me!


I love getting in a mess in the kitchen, I am renowned for it. I may serve up dinner in a spotless kitchen, but visit an hour or so before and as Hart to Hart's butler used to say "Its Moider!"
I merely glance at a bag of flour for it to explode, my chopping board gets littered with herbs, peelings, the kitchen sink looks like a casualty scene, yes complete with real blood as I tend to slice my fingers and scald my skin many times a week.

So when Cillit Bang challenged me to get messy in the kitchen and clean up with their new All In One Dish and Surface cleaner dispensers, they picked the right person for the chaos.

**Cillit Bang will also be giving five dispensers away  to readers.**

I was sent the All In One dispenser by Cillit Bang they have launched this pioneering kitchen dispenser, the only product on the market to deliver sparkling dishes and gleaming surfaces in just one system. Rather than having to use numerous different products to get the kitchen shining, the new Cillit Bang All in 1 Dish and Surface Cleaner is all that is needed to remove powerful dirt, taking the hard work out of cleaning.

I was also sent supermarket gift card to buy ingredients, a list of their messiest  recipes devised with Great British Bake Off Runner-Up Holly Bell, all I had to do was provide the mess.
Sounds like a plan!!
I previously tried the Carrot Fritters to test out the All In One's ability to disperse the grease from a frying pan after, see here

 This is the main course I chose, the  scrumptious Chicken Piggy Pot Pie, sounds delicious, a mustardy chicken and sausage bake topped with creamy mash. My additions were Cheddar and Parmesan to give a finishing touch.

Oh and enough mucky pans and bubbling food to bring a kitchen to its knees. A quick soak in All In One and the sauce in this pan was off.


I never thought I'd be showing my dirty pans


Gulps!


I found I got messy before the baking stage, I did warn them!
The cooker took a hit,  milk, flour the sauce. While the pies were baking,I used the All in One as a hob cleaner.

I was pretty impressed with the results. I suggest half of the soap dispensed would be enough, it caused a good lather.

 
The baking sheet cleaned up a treat and a confession, after all this baking and cleaning, the pie dishes went into the dishwasher.

What about the taste I hear you ask, it was a really tasty dish, the sauce on its own was not too my liking, But when the roast chicken, sausages and onions cooked in it, the flavour was beautiful.

Chicken Piggy Pot Pies
 The wonder of these pies is that the sauce bubbles up into the topping, spreading the flavour. However, this also means that the sauce bubbles over on to the baking tray but the baked on sauce can easily be lifted by using Cillit Bang All in 1 straight onto the tray.

Ingredients
Meat from 2 cooked chicken legs, stripped and shredded
  3 gorgeous sausages cut into quarters
  5 chestnut mushrooms sliced
  Half a red onion diced
  A teaspoon of butter
  25g butter
  1 heaped tbsp of plain flour
  Semi-skimmed or whole milk (about half a pint)
  2 tsp of wholegrain mustard
  Leftover mashed potato or breadcrumbs
  A mix of Cheddar and Parmesan was my own addition.
Method
 
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 and pop a baking tray onto the top shelf
Heat the teaspoon of butter in a frying pan and add the onion, fry gently until soft then add the sausages and continue to fry


 
Whilst the sausages and onions are gently frying you can make the mustardy sauce Melt the 25g butter in a small saucepan, add the flour and whisk on a medium heat until it looks yellow and thick
 
Then add the milk, a little at a time, stirring furiously to avoid lumps, keeping the temperature medium to high



  Add milk until the mixture looks like thick gravy, then add the wholegrain mustard and a bit of salt and pepper if you like
Back to the sausage and onion mixture which should be nicely browned, just before you take them off the hob turn up the heat and add the mushrooms giving the whole mixture a quick flash of intense heat. Set aside


Add the sausage mixture and chicken to the sauce and divide between two pie dishes
Next top your pies! Holly says "I used some leftover mashed potato and swede but you can also use breadcrumbs"

http://www.cillitbang.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment