Thursday, March 8, 2012

When is your birthday? A challenge for all bloggers!



I was tagged in a meme by my good friend and blogger Cheryl, you can find her lovely blog over at the Madhouse Family Reviews,.

Her tagging me is quite an interesting link, as I was born on French Independence Day (Bastille Day) and Cheryl lives in France.

 http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-birthday-meme.html

The challenge is very easy and fascinating personally, I spent far more time than I intended reading history that was made on the same date I entered the world.
I was rather saddened to see my name was not mentioned on Wikipedia when researching, I have a few years left yet though to make my mark!!!

This meme first started by Kate who confesses to being nosey, I like that in a woman, I find it a useful trait.  She is hoping to get a whole year of birthday meme's on a linky, it will be very interesting to read and I loved doing it.
Please add yours to the linky on Kate's blog.
http://thefivefsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/on-my-birthday-meme-challenge-for-all.html

So here goes!

When is your birthday?

That was easy enough! 14th July

Pick three people who share your birthday and what you know about them?


Emmeline Pankhurst 1858 leader of the British suffragette  movement and known she is also named as One of the 100 most important people of our time, she tirelessly fought for women's rights, I read a few books about her and other activists, as well as being instrumental in the women's right to vote, she improved the Manchester workhouse and the women suffragettes were often attacked physically by men. A really admirable person.

Gustav Klimt 1862 painter of one of my favourite artists, I love the patterns he created and of course the very famous The Kiss
Jane Lynch 1960 Won an Emmy for playing P.E. teacher Sue Sylvester in "Glee" and starred in role Models and the 40 year old virgin, I do not know much about her but her nasty bitchy comic character in Glee makes me glad I share a birthday with her.

Is anyone listed as being born on the same day (ie same year)? If so, what do you know about them?

Nobody listed on the same day as me, but it would have been just too much trying to compete with my arrival. Yeah right!!
List three people who died on your birthday and what you know about them


Billy the Kid shot by Pat Garrett at Fort Sumner, my only knowledge is from westerns showed endlessly when I was a child and yawning lots at the boring films.

Adlai Stevenson United States politician and Presidential candidate, I know nothing about him.

Richard James "Dick" McDonald (I kept his third name in for own satisfaction) he established the first McDonald's restaurant and the blimming things seem to be on every corner, grotty fast food and wrappers everywhere, the start of little children getting into brands that most are obsessed with brand and image by the time they are teens.....and breathe!!!

 
List three notable events that took place on your birthday


1965 the day I was born Mars is seen for the first time close up, after a few million years of watching Mars from afar, humanity meets the red planet — not quite in person, but through the eyes of NASA’s Mariner 4 satellite, seems quite fitting for my own birth day, planets colliding, a star is born, ahem, moving swiftly on.


2000 A powerful solar flare later named the Bastille Day Event, causes a geomagnetic storm on Earth.
 I was born in the midst of a heatwave, while my Mum was in labour eating strawberries and ice cream a massive thunderstorm hit, but I never heard about this one.
1789 The French Revolution took place when the citizens of Paris stormed the palace. I imagine that was a very fractious time.

Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday
Bastille Day It commemorates the first anniversary 1790 of the storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789
Its a national holiday, festivities and official ceremonies are held all over France.
OK, so now it's my turn to tag some of my bloggie friends who will possibly be cursing me for this!
@rhodak09 http://rhodareviews.blogspot.com/       
@phyllgerry http://slightymouldy.blogspot.com/       
@SuperAmazingMum http://superamazingmum.blogspot.com       
@SAHMlovingit  http://sahmlovingit.blogspot.com/       
@wendymcd83 http://insidethewendyhouse.blogspot.com/       
Click this linky to add your own
On my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment