Monday, March 19, 2012

Stowells Light Review



Now you have all heard me rambling on about Slimming World, thanks to the very successful healthy eating plan I have dropped three dress sizes.

I found it very easy to follow and providing I stuck to it I dropped the weight, I was even allowed my glass of wine, sometimes storing up my syn allowance to have a couple at the weekends.

I am very much at my target weight and wine is still my occasional treat, its pretty high in syns 6 and 1/2 to 7 syns (I have a 15 syn allowance in a day) and so I still watch out what I drink. two glasses and I cannot have a bag of crisps, extra cheese or a bar of chocolate.

Well this can all change a lot as Stowells Wines have been working hard to make a lower calorie wine. I love em dearly for this!

Its a nice 60 calories, so those of you who know calories already know that's low, for Slimming World folk this is 3 syns!! Did you know that one glass of Stowells Light contains over 120 less calories than a packet of Malteasers?

So the all important taste test, the white is lighter than a normal Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc mix as I expected. Its fruity and surprisingly not as sweet as I imagined. Its perfect for a special lunch, I enjoyed it without any accompaniment.
The Stowell Light Shiraz is not too sweet, tastes of summer fruits, another drier than expected first sip.

Knowing that I can have a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate and maintain my good weight loss has to make this a great wine for me and perfect for anybody. Thanks Stowells



 
Stowells Light stands up to taste tests. Bursting with fruity aromas and a touch of sweetness, it’s a fresh choice which can be enjoyed at every occasion, plus it has the added benefit of containing less calories and alcohol than your usual glass of wine.

With just 60 calories per glass, that’s 30 per cent less than a standard glass of wine, and less than one unit of alcohol per 125ml serving, the crisp flavours of its Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc  grapes are perfect to enjoy on it’s own or with a Mediterranean fish stews; with the Shiraz Rose an ideal partner to fresh ‘superfood’ salads.

Tasting Notes:

Stowells Light White:
Made from a blend of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc, Stowells Light White is bursting with melon, pear and apricot fruit flavours, balancing fresh acidity with a touch of sweetness.

Stowells Light Rosé:
This Shiraz Rose is a vibrant youthful pink, full of juicy strawberry, raspberry and cherry fruit flavours.  Perfectly balanced with a zesty acidity and a touch of sweetness. 

 
Stowells Light is available at all ASDA stores nationwide for RRP £5.49

No comments:

Post a Comment