Sunday, August 18, 2013

Baking Bread in a Slow Cooker


This photo was instagrammed and put on Facebook and Twitter as its Round 1 of my cooking bread in the slow cooker.I am expecting it to be rock hard and like a baked house brick .
It will not be the slow cooker's fault, I have read on a few US sites its doable.

I feel a little apprehensive as it was just mixed in the usual way and popped straight in on some parchment, without the usual proving,rising and knocking back and kneading. I am led to believe the slow cooker will do that for me.

If it does I will be a happy chapess all day!

I will be checking after an hour and then checking every half an hour,will keep you posted or be going for round two! Yikes!

UPDATE!!
If you have landed here first and are as eager to see the results,pop to the full post on how the bread turned out
http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.com/2013/08/slow-cooker-bread.html


No comments:

Post a Comment