Thursday, August 15, 2013

ilumi Curry Sauce Review



You may recall, I featured ilumi meals recently. http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/ilumi-gluten-free-foods-review.html I loved the range. I found it easy to use, for gluten, dairy or nut allergy sufferers its even better as all the range are free from these 'troublesome for some' products. These being 'free from' meals are in no way taste free.

Plus for those fast meals that  you pop into a microwave without having to scan every item on the ingredient list for a particular allergy flare up, I know from friends these are great.


I happily agreed to try a couple more of the range, this time some of the sauces to cook with.
I was sent the Kerala Curry Sauce and one of my favourites a Thai Red Curry Sauce. Now these serve 2 but I always bulk them out with veggies as well as my chosen meat so the finished meals both served 4, as you can see from my photos the portions were not skimpy.

Kerala

I also add the vegetables as I still very much adhere to my healthy eating plan, Slimming World, I know I have a good few SW readers so for you the pouch served four people and works out at 4 syns per person, for a really simple easy meal I think you will agree that is good.

The taste of the sauces are fresh and natural,a quick look at the ingredients make me happy. Take the Red  Thai curry sauce.


Ingredients


Water, Coconut Milk (20%), Shallots, Creamed Coconut (10%), Rapeseed Oil, Red Peppers (5%), Red Chilli (5%), Lemon Juice, Cornflour, Ginger, Lemon Grass (2%), Lime Leaves Galangal, coriander, cumin, lemon,salt, turmeric, chilli powder, Sulphites.
Vegetable Stock contains: Water, Onion, Leek, Carrot, Tomato Puree, Parsley, White Peppercorns, Bay Leaf.


We all loved the Thai Red Curry, it was fragrant,with a real authentic taste.I can thoroughly recommend the sauce its absolutely scrummy!

ilumi products are available exclusively from www.ilumiworld.com from 20 May 2013.
Prices range from £1.00 to £3.25.

Disclosure I received two ilumi cooking sauces in order to review, I received no other incentive or payment. My views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment