Saturday, February 11, 2012

Simply Melt Someone’s Heart This Valentine’s Day Renshaws Ready to Roll Icing



I must admit that though its easy to go and buy a Valentines Day gift, mine always have seemed less than Chris's. He will buy me a gift and choccies the same as I, but he also buys a bouquet and often as not takes me out for a meal.
So to show my love it has to be something I made, no don't worry, the poor man has not got to endure a bizarrely coloured scarf, or over sized jumper, no I am best in the kitchen and have baked cookies, cakes and a favourite meal he likes.
But I do not always get a lot of time and have to admit that my cakes taste fab but the decorating skills are not my forte.

Well I have some help this year, Renshaw's asked me if I would like to try some of their products for a Valentines Day feature and also for Mothers day (feature coming soon)

Now I am a dab hand at making biscuits and as Chris loves shortbread I decided to make some in the food processor newly acquired and my first biscuit making adventure.


325g plain flour
200g chilled salted butter
125g  caster sugar
2 tsp good-quality vanilla extract
2 large free range egg yolks
Tip the flour into a food processor. Cut the butter into small pieces and drop them into the bowl, then whizz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar, vanilla and egg yolks and whizz to a small dough.
Rubbing in
If you haven't got a processor, rub the butter into the flour in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients and mix to a dough with your hands.

Roll out the shortbread dough into circles or desired shape, place on a greased baking sheet and cook 15 to 20 minutes for 160 fan oven (180 normal oven)

Cool before decorating.


I found the Ready To Roll icing so simple, I dusted the area to roll with icing sugar. Then rolled out the icing, it was simple, no cracks at all and it can be rolled very thinly.

Then its just a case of choosing your shape and then placing on your baked goodies.



Show a loved one how much you care this Valentine’s Day with the ultimate home-baked treat.

Say it in icing with novelty heart shaped  Crispy Cakes topped  with Renshaw’s Ready to Roll coloured icing in red.

Or simply melt a loved one’s heart, by serving up their favourite treat topped with Renshaw’s Strawberry Simplymelt, a quick and easy to use flavoured coating guaranteed to add a little pink sweetness to the day’s menu. 

Available in Strawberry, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Toffee and Yoghurt, Simplymelt melts easily in the microwave and has been specially developed to reflect the texture and quality of chocolate, ensuring a finished cake or bake that simply melts in the mouth.

RRP: £1.39 per 200gpack. Stockists Waitrose and Lakeland

Coming soon Cupcakes for Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment