Saturday, May 5, 2012

Beef Fajita (Slow Cooker Style)



I had some stir fry beef all ready to stir fry and make Slimming World beef fajitas.  The tortillas of course are not free but I save  syns for some favourite slimming world beef recipes

Its a fast meal but even so, it was one of those days where I just could not even be bothered to stand and stir fry.  I thought about the slow cooker. I was a bit dubious about the lack of liquid in my normal recipe, so decided to add a tin of chopped tomatoes.
I did not even fry the beef and I usually do, but  it still worked really well.

The finished mix was not too liquidy and would be fine in a tortilla. I served with rice for a syn free meal. (Another easy Slimming World recipe)
I love this, I make a lot  of fajitas in summer, but this means more time in the garden and tastes as good, in fact a little better as the beef falls apart! Plus no melting over a hot stove for me, albeit briefly when stir frying.
I like the Jalapenos, we are chilli fans so if you eat mild fajitas, omit them and halve the chilli powder too.

This recipe is being added to Mediocre Mum's Slow Cooker Sunday click the square below and look at at other fab dishes.

 

450g stir fry beef strips (Sainsbury's)
1 large onion chopped
1 green pepper cut into strips
1 red pepper cut into strips
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers seeds removed if you like.
small handful of coriander torn up
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander
salt to taste
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp lime juice (optional)

Tortillas
Any or all of these toppings or 42g of low fat cheese only if following Slimming World  
Grated cheese
Guacamole
Sour cream
Salsa.

OK now the easy part, add it all to the slow cooker press 8 hours on low and go out, sit down, read a book, have a glass or two of wine. Its as easy as these short instructions!

Then after you have chilled, serve in warm tortillas with all or some of the toppings of your choice.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment