Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tasty Little Numbers Heat and Eat Meal Pots Review



I hate diet food, there its out there! As regular readers know, I successfully dropped three dress sizes by healthy eating, no portion control, just choosing the right foods. I ate good mainly home cooked meals, never went hungry and avoided limp lettuce leaves, even weird egg and grapefruit diets.

 I see my eating now as controllable and really enjoyable, but I sometimes need to eat quickly. But shudder at the thought of rice cakes, celery sticks and sweeteners.

Tasty Little Numbers were a brand I raved about while I was losing weight last year, they are exactly as they are titled. I tried the great meal pots, chocolate bars and crispy snacks and could not find anything bad to say. They each have calories marked on the pots 200 for the meal pots, the choc bars and crisps at 100.

They have now launched a lovely range of Heat and Eat Meal pots and when they arrived it was hard to choose which one to devour first. They just look so fresh in the pot, layers or rice or potato, sauce, lots of large pieces of meat and vegetables. You can see your meal straight away and it looks good.

Having a read through the ingredients list of my first choice the Thai Spiced Coconut Chicken Curry, I could actually go to my cupboard and get the ingredients, all are real foods and spices, no funny 'E' numbers. They heat up in 3 minutes a quick stir to blend all the layers together and away I went, it tastes as good as any Thai I have made. The crunchy bamboo shoots and green peppers complement the spicy coconut creamy sauce, the chicken is tender and fresh.


I also tried the Chicken Tikka Masala which again tastes authentic, lots of spices all listed, fresh chicken, a good selection of veg which adds to the healthy taste. A lovely lemony rice all works so well and again I have all the spices in the cupboards. Not an artificial flavour in sight.

The meals are filling, I handed them out reluctantly to my family. Paige chose the Sicilian Chicken and loved the flavour, Chris nabbed the Sweet Chilli King Prawn and commented it was nearly as good as a takeaway one, without all the fat and MSG.

We are all impressed with the pots, especially when I discovered Sainsburys is selling them at 2 for £5.


 
Innovative lifestyle brand, TASTY LITTLE NUMBERS By JO BEACH is super-excited to announce six new additions to its hugely popular portion-controlled product and snack range...PRESENTING the 300 calorie heat and eat meal pot!!

Guaranteed to solve even the toughest mealtime dilemma, the 300 calorie seriously tasty meal pots are lovingly created with real ingredients (think kitchen cupboard favourites!), and uniquely made to whole numbers of calories! They completely ‘take the messin’ outta guessin’; meaning that managing your weight and watching what you eat has never been easier – or more delicious!


With six stunning new variants – Sweet Chilli King Prawn Chinese Noodles with Bamboo Shoots, Creamy Chicken Hotpot with Roasted Herb Potatoes and Veg, Red Thai Spiced Coconut Chicken Curry, Sicilian Chicken Pasta in a Sun-Dried Tomato Ragu, Chicken Tikka Masala with Lemon Basmati Rice, Chilli Con Carne with Long Grain Rice – you can be sure that the hours spent deliberating over the healthiest, lowest calorie lunch option will be a thing of the past, and with a different option for almost every day of the week, you will never be tempted to stray from the yummy range of goodness!
Tasty Little Numbers is a lifestyle brand for the health and weight conscious which centres on built-in 'at a glance' portion control. No one wants to spend their life counting up every single calorie (when there are so many fun things you could be doing!) and so at 300 calories a meal, Tasty Little Numbers’ heat & eat pots are designed to hit the taste spot whilst filling the hunger gap!
Tasty Little Numbers answers the prayers of people who are super busy, who enjoy life and real food. Ideal for popping in your handbag to take for lunch at work, or indulging in when cooking from scratch seems a distant dream...the products make it a breeze to indulge in a little bit of what you fancy at meal times, whilst knowing that the in-built portion-control keeps track of what you’re eating – see, we’ve thought of everything -- It’s indulgent, it’s healthy and it’s convenient!
Creator Jo Beach comments: “Having received such amazing reviews of the Tasty Little Numbers’ 100 calorie chocolate bars and crisps and the 200 calorie snack potsand being inundated with requests for a chilled ready meal range available from the supermarket, I knew I had to create a range of individual meals suited more to mealtimes and just not ‘snack times’… and so the 300 calorie pots were born! The success of the products lies in the authentic and delicious taste of the recipes, as well as the in-built portion control element, which allows you to manage the amount of calories you consume, without having to think about it too much! I want to watch my weight and eat healthily (getting older sucks!) and there is no way I can stick to a rigid diet to do it… so watching my calorie intake in the most simple way possible with a product that doesn’t shout ‘diet’ works for me! I hope you enjoy eating them as much as I love creating them. Just remember that Tasty Little Numbers doesn't claim to make you slim, only you can lay claim to that triumph, but I do hope it helps you to enjoy doing it”.     

No comments:

Post a Comment