Thursday, May 3, 2012

Heinz Barbecue Sauce - Chicken and Bacon Pizza Recipe


Barbecue pizza is something I have never tried. But Heinz kindly sent me the ingredients to make it and their new Barbecue sauces.
We are all pizza fans, its a great meal to eat while watching a film or our new addiction The Voice!
We do eat takeaway pizza, but love homemade ones too, I enjoy kneading my dough and adding toppings that we all like, plus the ingredients are more natural.

Heinz made it more simple by supplying  pizza bases and greedy hogs that we are I made two. As we were busy all weekend the bases made the job simple. I roasted the chicken and bacon in the oven, then once cooked it was a case of just slicing and adding the toppings. I added more Barbecue sauce than the stated amount in the recipe below. We like a moister base.

I cooked mine in a fan oven for 10 minutes. The smoky taste of the Heinz won over even me, I am not a huge fan of BBQ sauce until I started trying the Heinz sauce.


The smoked bacon, caramelised taste of the onions really worked well together with the mellow chicken and mozzatop!

The barbecue sauce ardent fans loved it, Paige and Conor deemed it one of the best I had made ( they do say this about a lot of my meals!) Chris liked too but said it needed a thicker base next time!


Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza

Ingredients:

1 x 20cm thin pizza base
2 tbsp Heinz Sticky Barbecue sauce
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/2 skinless cooked chicken breast, sliced
2 rashers cooked back bacon, trimmed of fat
25g light mozzarella, ripped into pieces
20g reduced fat hard cheese, grated
Small handful of rocket leaves

Method:

Spread the pizza base with 1 1/2 tablespoons of
Heinz Sticky Barbecue sauce and top with the red
onion, chicken and bacon.
Finish with the mozzarella and cheese and bake in a
preheated 220C, fan 200C, gas 7 for 12-14 minutes
until golden.
Serve drizzled with the remaining Heinz Sticky
Barbecue sauce and top with rocket leaves.

New Heinz Barbecue Sauces have been made with families in mind, they’re easy to use and can be used in a variety of tasty meals. No longer just for burgers and barbecues, Heinz Barbecue Sauces add a squeeze of excitement and tongue-tingling taste to every meal - particularly chicken dishes, which the sauces complement beautifully.

Heinz provided me with the ingredients to make the pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment