Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Creamy Mushrooms on Toast





The lovely folks at Warburtons are great for coming up with quick and simple recipes that incorporate their tasty bakery range. As you know I am so pushed for time at the moment and meals have been junk food grabbed on the run, sometimes I'm too tired to even eat.

My favourite Toastie bread is used here. I love this bread, the waxed paper wrap makes it so much fresher I believe. I love the big slices (Warburtons please make a toaster to fit them) and the thick soft texture.

This recipe also ticks the healthy living box for me. The creamy mushroom topping created using low fat créme fraiche. 

For Slimming World folk use Warburtons wholemeal and I also suggest light cream cheese and a low cal light oil spray to make this syn free but still as tasty!

Creamy Mushroom on Toast - SERVES 2 


Ingredients 

2 tsp olive oil 
300g button mushrooms, sliced 
100 ml chicken or vegetable stock 
Freshly ground black pepper 
4 tbsp half fat crème fraîche 
4 slices Warburtons toastie 
1 tsp chopped chives 
  
Method 
1.     Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add mushrooms to cook for a 5min. Add the stock, seasoning reduce the heat slightly and cook for 10-15min or until the liquid is reduced and thick and syrupy. Stir in the crème fraîche and herbs.   
2.    Toast the bread, spoon the mushrooms over the toast, sprinkle over the chives and serve immediately 

No comments:

Post a Comment