Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sacla Italian Tomato Sauce Review

Italian Tomato Sauce

I use and also have reviewed Saclá  many times, as I have mentioned before the pesto's are a constant in the cupboard, for all my cooking skills and love of recipes, some days especially now on the move, a quick sauce can save a frazzled me!

This time though Saclá have come up with a sauce that allows a mix of both homemade and easy to cook, with the new Italian Sauce. They sent me one to try out some while ago and I had the photos and most of the blog  but only just getting around to adding the post.


Firstly it comes in a huge tub, it keeps for two weeks in the fridge after opening. It can be used as a base for a meal as I have done above, my famous (well in my house) Italian bacon and mushroom sauce. I usually make this from scratch, but I decided to use the Saclá as a quick alternative.

The fragrance soon filled the house and I knew before my taste test that it was going to be good, it has a rich herb and tomato aroma.


It cooks down into a rich sauce that is thick and abundant, the leftover sauce was used as a base for cheese on toast, I recommend it.

There are some fab recipe suggestions to try over on the Saclá website. I fancy the sticky sausages and the marbled mash.



No comments:

Post a Comment