Monday, August 13, 2012

Now for Something Completely Different



Well my life has, shall we say been turned on its head in the last 3 weeks. I was minding my own  business, family, blog and I received a call that in seconds changed everything.

It was my Mum, with the news she is very ill. I will be taking over the care role for my Granny, who I have missed so much when she went off to live with my Mum.

Its a huge change, the whole family, my Uncle and Aunt ( who have been fantastic)  are all up for this, we are moving into my Granny's house, she will love being back, but it needs a heap of work. 

A wet room is being built, her room decorated, a new cosy fire,the hard work to transform  the old room, overseen and designed by my lovely Aunt in law, who is not like a Aunt in age, she and I are a few years apart. She  has amazed me with her continued physical help and now emotional support. She has organised a chimney sweep to unblock chimney. We are spending every day together shopping, going to the local tip, that is eye raising!

This time two weeks ago, I had the odd meet with her and my Uncle, now we are joined together in a quest to make it alright for their Mum, my Granny.

A lot of people are helping (over and above normal working hours) to get a wet room built and house livable for us. A rat ran in the back door and  around the kitchen on Wednesday, think we are going to be battling his family for the garden!

Cannot get through anymore!


My Uncle disappearing, not sure if he is out yet! There is a greenhouse and shed way down the bottom, I still have not seen the greenhouse, this is the top third where I am taking the shot.

 The garden is like the Secret garden, nature has claimed it in under three years.see my Silent Sunday for another view of the garden.

I am going to try to capture my days spent getting it ready, then I have to pack my whole life up and move there too, date for this is September 1st!

Mind blowing if I stop to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment