Friday, March 15, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner



In my house caring for my Granny,my day starts early,breakfast is the usual toast, cereal. Weekends still means early breakfast for Granny, but its a more relaxed time. 

My dream day is lounging in pj's and a leisurely brunch.



When I was sent Breakfast for Dinner to review, I was instantly drooling! The photos are big whole page affairs, I like this in my recipe books, I  eat with my eyes first and the photographs make me hungry and want to cook them.

Now there are recipes I would instantly identify with breakfast, however some are  pretty unique.



How about ravioli, braised ribs, Steak and Eggs Benedict?

I am not sure I would eat some early in the morning, but I do know I would eat  a lot of them for a late lazy weekend lunch, I just need one of those now.

The recipe instructions are easy to follow for a book that has dishes that seem really unusual. I like that if a recipe does demand a little more, then its broken down. The Breakfast Sausage Ravioli as an example,  has a separate recipe overleaf for making the ravioli dough which can then be refrigerated or frozen.

All in all a fascinating book that takes breakfast right through the day!


Breakfast is meant to be the most important meal of the day, and this book proves just that. From the author of The Cookie-Dough Lovers Cookbook comes another inventive, delectable, indulgent cookbook – more than seventy-five breakfast recipes made with a twist.


If you’re not a morning person, planning a brunch, just fancy something different, or looking for easy party recipes this book has them for you, your family, and friends. Choose from hearty keep-you-going-all-morning dishes like Bacon Fried Rice, Breakfast Ravioli, food for any time of day like Pizza Over Easy, lush Cornmeal Pancakes with Beer-Braised Short Ribs for that relaxed evening meal, sweet treats such as Sunrise Margaritas and Maple Bacon Cupcakes to name only a few.


Easy to make, with available ingredients, full instructions, techniques, conversion charts, full-colour photographs, Breakfast for Dinner continues the range of Quirk’s cookery books that delight and inspire cooks with dishes and recipes for all times of day and night – from pungent Frittata Florentine with Goats Cheese to delicate Blood Orange Mimosa Sorbet, you will never be without breakfast again, morning, noon or night!


Recipes for Frittata Florentine, Huevos Rancheros, Sunny-Side Up Burgers, and More!

Lindsay Landis & Taylor Hackbarth • £12.99 • Hardback • Quirk • 9781594746130 •
Release Date: 19 March, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment