Friday, March 8, 2013

Philadelphia Mini Carrot Cakes





Philadelphia have put together some delicious cake recipes for Mothers Day and sent me the ingredients to try one for myself.

As a Mum I like to bake for the family and as its not yet Mothers day, I am not putting my feet up, so made the Mini Carrot Cakes.


First glance over the recipe, despite there being a lot of ingredients, the method is a lovely all in one bowl and bake.

Its incredibly easy to make, especially if you grate the carrots in a processor or get one of the family to do it for you!!

I omitted the pecans from the  mix as Paige and I are not overly keen, I just made up the difference with more sultanas.



I decorated one  cake with chopped pecans so you can see how they look and to treat Chris. But the rest were decorated with silver balls. Well it is the Mums day and they are one of my favourites!


Happy Mothers Day from Philly and I!
xx



Mini Carrot Cakes

Makes 14 -18

Ingredients

200g self raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
225 g grated carrots
200 ml oil (sunflower or groundnut oil)
100 g brown sugar
85 g chopped pecans
50 g sultanas
eggs, lightly beaten

Topping
200 g Philadelphia Original, softened
100 g icing sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon rind
2 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped


Method

Sift together the flour and the cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix until well combined.
Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20 -25 minutes Gas 4, 180C (Fan 160)
Cool on a wire rack.

Beat the  Philly, icing sugar, rind and lemon juice until smooth.

Top the muffins with the icing mix and decorate.




Disclosure I was given  free products. I was under no obligation to receive the samples or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.


No comments:

Post a Comment