Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mr Kipling for Easter




Lemon heaven, that's what I am in again, thanks to the lovely folks at Mr Kipling who sent me some treats for Easter. I know I am always rambling on about my love for citrus, give me gin and lemon cake I am a happy Easter bunny!!

Mr Kipling as for many other people makes me think of visits to my Granny as a child,cakes would come out on a fancy plate, great names such as fancies and tarts. Well now I look after Granny and I have had great pleasure doing the same for her, we both love cakes and individual ones always seem a real treat.

I have to mention the Lemon Fancies, perfect for a cake stand at tea time,the sponge is so light and fluffy,the icing soft, lemony and luscious.

Chris loves Kipling Cherry Bakewells and liked trying the lemon variety. The pastry is really short and crumbly, the filling again that lovely citrus sweet tang.



My favourites were the St Clement Slices, individually wrapped in pairs,which so appeals to me, I hate opening a box of cakes and some going dry.

The lemon sponge is topped by a really good orange icing which tastes slightly fizzy and tops the cake perfectly.

Now I have a few baking projects this Easter,but its always handy to have a selection of ready made cakes on hand, only trouble is, they were so good we ate them all!!

 
Mr. Kipling
         Mr. Kipling Lemon Bakewells, Lemon Fancies and St. Clement Slices are available at all major supermarkets
RRP £1.00






No comments:

Post a Comment