Thursday, November 8, 2012

Colgate 360 Club



Colgate very kindly invited me to be part of their new Colgate 360 Club.




I have been sent a new toothbrush and info that I should change my toothbrush every 3 months. Its a gentle nudge from Colgate and I need possibly a shove more than a nudge! With all that is going on in my busy life and I'm sure most of you are the same, this is a part of my health that I sometimes neglect.

When I read the below info, it did make me think.  I will be throwing a few percentages your way, the ones that really stood out to me.

A 3 month old toothbrush is 95% less effective, I think really struck it home. I just would not buy or use anything that had only 5% efficiency.

I was also unaware that after a cold that my toothbrush needs replacing,this is perhaps news to  you too.

I do like my new toothbrush, the fact that it cleans my whole mouth makes me feel more protected and my mouth does feel much cleaner as a result. This is because 80% are not actually on my teeth. So even all the brushing I have been doing, the full 2 minutes still left me prone to decay. My gums are not their best so I am finding I may be able to halt some of the damage with the new brush.

I had quite an education this month, on the Colgate website, there is a handy test drive to see if you really are brushing properly, it was good valuable fun, I find I am paying more attention now.

I will be back in 3 months to talk about it again. 


Germs can hide in toothbrush bristles, just waiting to re-infect you – think of them as Invisible Nasties. So, after you’ve had a cold, the flu, a mouth infection or a sore throat you need to replace your toothbrush*.
It’s not without good reason dentists recommend we change our toothbrush four times a year... Studies have shown that after three months of wear and tear, toothbrushes are up to 95% less effective at removing plaque from teeth and gums compared to new ones**. That’s because the bristles break down and lose their effectiveness in getting to all the places where food and bacteria can hide around your teeth and in your mouth.

The Colgate 360° Whole Mouth Clean toothbrush provides a complete mouth clean experience with its ability to clean the teeth, gums, tongue and cheeks.  
With its round oscillating head and fixed set of bristles, 360° Whole Mouth Clean is designed with a tongue and cheek cleaner on the back of the toothbrush head. This simultaneously and effectively cleans the cheeks ensuring that the 80% of bacteria in your mouth that are surprisingly not on your teeth but in hard to reach places, are removed.***
The inter-dental bristles on the powered toothbrush clean between teeth and along the gum line effectively removing the accumulation of plaque bacteria on teeth that leads to oral conditions such as tooth decay and gum problems. Whilst the cleaning tip gets to hard-to-reach areas and the polishing cups help gently remove stains on the teeth.
RRSP  £4.07.

With regular use, the Colgate 360° Whole Mouth Clean battery brush is proven to help to improve the condition of the mouth leading to a healthier mouth and smile.  
For further information on Colgate 360° visit www.colgate.co.uk.
*1Glass, J Okla Dent Assoc 82: 27-32, 1992. Neal, J Dent 31: 153-157, 2003

** Warren et al, J Dent Res 13: 119-124, 2002

*** Source: Data on file Colgate-Palmolive (UK) Ltd

.  Disclosure I was given  free products a Colgate 360 toothbrush and Max White toothpaste. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.



No comments:

Post a Comment