Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Bluebeards Revenge Review


Well I am the reluctant wife of a Movember male this month. I do actually have a secret pride for what Chris has decided to do, I just am on my guard as I think the tache will stay if I show any encouragement, but that is Decembers battle.



I write this post even though The Bluebeards Revenge is an all male product. The warning for girls to keep away does have my fingers twitching to use it,  I believe the male hair free products are in general higher quality and more efficient.




But for the purpose of this great charity, my fingers have only touched the outside of the giftbox and the result of Chris's skin after use.
The kit is a great starter  for the man who usually uses a disposable razor. Its also sold as a travel set and costs £19.99.

Chris usually uses a gel and razor and this was a different experience altogether. In the set  were a  Shaving Cream,  Post Shave Balm a Doubloon Brush and Anti-Perspirant Deodorant.





Chris put an almond sized amount of the shaving cream on the brush. He said it felt light but in a way sticky, a good sticky in that it covered his skin well for such a small amount so feels it gives it good value. He liked the creamy sensation and using the brush seemed to fluff it up and at the same time, made his stubble stand up more. 

I loved the scent on his skin, its manly but not overly scented. It would smell nice on my skin, but I am banned. I think since growing the mo, Chris is really getting into the grooming,pampering routine and I believe this is a good thing, he is a very busy man at work,lots of responsibility and  these sessions, especially with the brush and cream have really relaxed him.

The cream is paraben free with added ingredients to specifically combat tough stubble and it does seem to make the bristles softer and more easy to remove Chris noticed.

The finished effect was most impressive, Chris decided not to use a new razor as he wanted to test the closeness of the shave using the cream and brush. It was really and I mean really good, his skin apart from being incredibly soft and smooth to the touch, was so comfortable he commented. He does get a lot of irritation and occasional burn which has made him a reluctant shaver. He is more inclined to shave as its a pleasant experience.

The balm gives a lovely finish, it has Aloe Vera, a plant I have on the window sill to help with any skin irritations and burns from cooking. Its a know healing plant. Witch hazel has lots of good healing and skin soothing properties too.



I am impressed with the last week of him using this and my fingers are twitching to use it, however for the sake of Movember I will resign myself to the pleasure or stoking his smooth face, well the parts that have not got the tache.


www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk/

Disclosure I was given a free product. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.


No comments:

Post a Comment