Saturday, September 3, 2011

Slimming World Philadelphia Fish Pie



Ever since I went to the exclusive cook along hosted with Philadelphia celebrity chef Ed Baines and one of the Philly Heroes Ed Bains, I've been using Philly in lots of different recipes.
I am even more pleased that it became part of the Healthy Extras daily allowance for Slimming World which means I can eat it every day again as I was before. So I have been adapting the recipes to suit less oil etc.

I've been craving Slimming world Fish Pie for a while now, also it being one of Chris's favorite comfort food dishes (hence the use of a heart shaped dish)

I was keen to try to adapt my own  dairy rich recipe to suit our healthy eating. Its been a hard task.
I went on the hunt for one but most seemed to use quark or fromage frais for the sauce and while both make a good substitute for some sauces, they are not cheesy enough to complement smoked fish and prawns.

Then on Thursday after talking with the lovely Philadelphia lady Mel, it reminded me that Philly makes a nice sauce for stuffing chicken or running through pasta.
I spotted a Philly Food Hero recipe and after a few tweaks to make it syn free I did it and I can honestly say its absolutely delicious, with the onion and garlic  it becomes even more tasty.
 Here is my adaptation of the original winning dish which you can find here.


The fish mix

This is for four and uses 4 HEa (Healthy Extra A, this is  3 for philly and 1 for grated cheese. I made in two halves as kids are not keen .
I may add quark or fromage frais for more sauce next time as I skipped the milk, although it was good exactly as it was.



Serves 4


500g potatoes
Frylight
1 onion, finely chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 large garlic clove crushed
200g smoked fish or any fish mix you like
200g cooked prawns I used raw so I could reheat later.
213g Light Philadelphia (3 Hexa)
28g low fat cheddar cheese, finely grated (1 hexa) Or Parmesan as I forgot to buy cheese
Individual fish pies

Instructions 
  1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Mash
  2. Heat Frylight in a large non stick frying pan.
  3. Add the onion soften, then add parsley and garlic and cook gently
  4. Add the smoked fish to the frying pan and heat until the fish is just cooked through. Add the Philadelphia and prawns, stir over the heat until the Philly has melted and heated.
  5. Add Quark or fromage frais if you want more sauce
  6. Season to taste.
  7. Add the fish mixture to an
  8. ovenproof dish.
  9. Cover with mash
  10. Sprinkle with grated cheese cook at 200 for 20 mins or under a hot grill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment