Monday, October 1, 2012

Cathedral City Selections Review



All I can really say is NOM!!

Cathedral City is a favourite buy, - the lighter mature which I reviewed while losing weight has helped feed my cheese cravings.
http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/cathedral-city-mature-lighter-cheese.html

  Now as many of my regular readers know, I have just moved house and am also the very proud carer of my 92 year old grandmother. This is going really well, but not leaving me a lot of time while unpacking, settling in to a new routine and providing meals at different times of the day.

Minus a cooker at the moment, is like torture, you all know I love to cook, having Granny to cook for is a great pleasure too,she adores her food. So I have been looking around for handy reasonably healthy snacks.

The takeaways are handy, however we need to eat well and we are pretty sick of junk food. I want to keep my weight loss on track too so  the slow cooker, microwave  have been a must.


For speed I am buying lots of easy to prepare foods for lunch and right on time I was offered the Cathedral City Selections to review.

 They have saved me the bother of unwrapping a block of  their lovely cheese cutting a nibble sized piece off, then while chewing fighting with the cling film to re wrap, only to decide the nibble was not enough and starting again!

Paige has had countless cheese snacks bought and consumed for review, stringy ones, round discs, the tasty Chedds also by Cathedral City http://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/chedds-review.html

I have often dipped in myself to the child friendly snacks, they appeal to me, but this is more adult and very pleasurable.

They will make a great addition to a wine and cheese evening when I finally get unpacked, until then Granny and I will keep snacking on them to keep us going!


I also like the fact that for Granny who has a varied appetite, if she does not fancy too much the cheese can just stay in its wrapper.


If you have eaten any of the range I am preaching to the converted,  if not and you like a tasty mature cheddar, which I find to be smooth, with a really good strong, not bitter punch. The Extra Mature is particularly nibble friendly. I had not tried the Vintage 20 and was pleased by its addition to the pack. It has a good rounded taste, really flavoursome and its ideal for a quick snack bite.


http://www.cathedralcity.co.uk

 Disclosure I was given a voucher to purchase Cathedral City Selections. I was under no obligation to receive the voucher or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.







No comments:

Post a Comment