Sunday, October 28, 2012

Heinz Hot Sauce Simple Spicy Stir fry.

A stir fry is the simplest of meals to make and a great way to get in lots of healthy veggies.
As part of my recipe week using Heinz Hot sauces (so far I have made a chilli con carnehttp://given-to-distracting-others.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/heinz-hot-sauces-fiery-chilli-con-carne.html) I was given the ingredients to make a Simple Spicy Stir Fry, the recipe I was following from Heinz actually mentions using Cooked Roast pork, due to time constraints of  having to cook the pork,I opted to use chicken breast,so cooked this up before the vegetable stage.
Mine is also missing beansprouts as they were not delivered. 

This is the genius of a good stir fry, any ingredients can be added and wand stirred, similarly you can omit the meat for a vegetarian option.

I tinkered further, those who know my cooking posts know I just can't help it. I like to add my own touches.

One thing I did not mess with was the Heinz Hot Sauce...well OK, I added more than the stated amount, but then we all love a bit of spice, bar Conor who had his served before I added more.

The taste of this sauce I was half expecting to be my least favourite, I am not a sweet and savoury fan.
However this sauce is lovely and fiery and the sweetness just seemed to enliven the carrots and baby sweetcorn.


Ingredients

250g roast pork cut into lardons ( Or use meat or just veg of choosing)
3 spring onions
2 celery stalks
1 red chilli finely sliced
1 carrot grated
2 tbsps vegetable oil ( I used frylight)
1 slice of fresh ginger
1 garlic clove crushed
400g Amoy straight to wok noodles
200g bean sprouts
10ml Heinz Hot sauce- Yellow Habanero.

Method.

Heat the wok on a high heat and add the oil/frylight


Add the chicken breast and stir fry until cooked. If using cooked meat, add after the next stage.
Add all of the vegetables and stir fry for two minutes.
Add the cooked meat if using and fry for a further minute.
Add the noodles to the wok and toss over a high heat
Take off the heat and stir through the Heinz Hot sauce.


All three Heinz Hot Sauces are free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.

Pick up your own little taste of Mexico with Heinz Hot Sauces from 1st October, RRP £1.49.

Disclosure I was given a free product and some of the ingredients to make the recipe. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment