Thursday, October 18, 2012

Heinz Hot Sauces Fiery Chilli Con Carne Recipe


My first recipe using Heinz Hot sauces is in fact a meal I could make blindfolded.

My Chilli Con Carne is on the menu several times a month. I have adapted it until I feel I have the perfect taste.

The comments as I announced I was making a new version for Heinz, (which needed all my sight as its so different) ranged from..."Noooh!" (a bit extreme Paige!) to "It may be good, but it won't beat yours!" ( a loyal man, my husband, so good and true)
Oh and Conor ever the chance to make me humble " Good, better not be as hot as yours"

My own thoughts were to be honest the addition of ketchup might make for a too sweet taste, I love Heinz tomato sauce but I use tomato puree in chilli con carne to get the thickness of sauce. But I have been surprised many a time food blogging so I am open to a new experience. 


Also I was looking forward to the Chipotle and Garlic Hot sauce taste.

I decided to have a head shift and accept this new recipe as a completely different dish, OK the main ingredients, lean mince, kidney beans, cumin and tinned tomatoes were still there, but that is where the two parted ways.

I actually found this one had elements I want to incorporate into my own chilli, possibly the cooking method and definitely the Heinz Hot Sauce.

Oh and Slimming World folk this is syn free if you use Fry Light and extra lean mince, the Hot Sauce at 10 ml is negligible. 100 mls is 2 1/2 syns. For the 10 mls used in the recipe the same nutritional value as mustard so I count it as free.

OK enough of the chat here goes!


Ingredients
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 sprigs thyme roughly chopped
500g extra lean mince
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
150 ml chicken or beef stock( I used chicken,its a lighter taste)
3 tbsp Heinz Tomato Ketchup
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf
400g tin of kidney beans
10ml Heinz Hot Sauce-Chipotle and Garlic.

Method
 Sweat the onions, garlic and thyme in a large saucepan. 
Meanwhile brown the mince in a separate frying pan over a moderate heat.


Add the dried herbs and spices to the onions for a couple of minutes until they release their aroma and then stir into the beef.

Add the tomatoes and leave to cook down for approx 5 minutes.


Pour in the stock and add the Heinz Tomato Ketchup.

Drop the bay leaf in to the pot, bring to the boil and leave to simmer.

Once the sauce is beginning to thicken, add the kidney beans and leave to cook for another 5-10 minutes, allowing the beans to soak up the flavours.


Check for seasoning and stir through the Heinz Hot Sauce Chipotle and garlic to finish the dish.

I loved the meal, it is very different in taste to mine,the flavours much milder, the addition of the thyme lovely, the ketchup a complete pleasurable surprise.

I will definitely be partaking of this meal again.

Back soon with another Hot Sauce recipe.


Disclosure I was given a free product and some of the ingredients to make the recipe. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.







No comments:

Post a Comment