Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Very Lazy Chicken Chasseur


I recently cooked a beef stir fry using Very Lazy ingredients. If you have somehow passed them by they are a fabulous company that tries to cut out all the mundane parts of cooking.
They actually work very hard despite the name to take the tedious, messy and sometimes smelly work of dealing with ingredients. So your garlic is ready crushed as is your ginger, Lemongrass is pureed and anybody who has had to prepare any of these three know how tough it can be to chop and crush an inch of ginger etc. The ingredients are all in handy jars, and tubes so easy to store and dip into whenever you need one.

They have recently gone a little further with their help and created a range of cokoing concentrates that use natural ingredients and provide the base for a lovely super fast meal.


I tried out the Chicken Chasseur and was impressed, I make my own and its usually an afternoon of prepping and cooking, well worth it but I am struggling to find time to even eat a dinner let alone cook one.



With this recipe its a case of chopping chicken breast, onion and gathering some button mushrooms. 


You also add a tin of chopped tomatoes in with the sauce, apart from that you just need to cook the chicken and onions, for five minutes,add all the other ingredients, 


Pop in the jar of  Chicken Chasseur  and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes.

Then serve up with a potato dish of your choice and a side vegetable too.

It tasted good, made me feel I had cooked a real heartwarming stew but without all the hours of faff and oven cooking.
I will be trying some of the other concentrates soon too. I have my eye on the Very Lazy Thai Curry jars.

The concentrates can be bought online or in Tesco's


 Disclosure I was given a free product. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.





No comments:

Post a Comment