Thursday, December 30, 2010

Duello Review


If I am preaching to licorice lovers I am preaching to the converted, if I am though you may be (to carry on the religious tone), not yet baptised into the Duello experience.
I like licorice, I love chocolate and I did wonder if together they would work. Well they arrived one morning and I decided to try straight away.
 I don't know what my taste buds were expecting, I think I imagined the sometime bitter taste of licorice in a dark chocolate that teamed up in a nice but bitter strength that dark chocolate can have.
It was not like that at all, you get a lovely sweet milky chocolate, its a really good chocolate taste as well, thumbs up totally for the quality you experience.
Then the licorice comes through, not as a contrast but sweet and almost seems as chocolaty as the covering.
It so works, I immediately put the bag away as these already can be categorised as a treat, i wanted to savour them later and share with Chris.
 Chris got to try one without knowing what he was eating, he said "Mmmm" as he first tried, then as he continued, he said "Okay... is that licorice, yes it is, whats it got with it chocolate? That shouldn't work somehow! But I am glad it  does, have you got any more"
I am so impressed with the Duello, its a real treat after the initial happy discovery that its really good.



Peanut butter and jam, apple pie and cheese, chocolate and chili... its not just the obvious
combinations which make the best bedfellows.
Step forward Duello - a surprising combination of chocolate and licorice from the Finnish
confectioners Panda Licorice. This addictive combination is hugely popular in Finland and now available for the first time in the UK. Extra soft pieces of moreish licorice are covered in a layer of delicious milk chocolate. You might open the bag tentatively, but youʼll be fighting over the last piece!

Did you know that licorice has been used for thousands of years in Chinese medicine due to its properties as a detoxifier? And its celebrity fans include Madonna, Brad Pitt and even Heston Blumenthal!

RRP £1.89 at selected Holland & Barrett stores nationwide.
For sales please call: 0845 677 3349



No comments:

Post a Comment