Wednesday, July 25, 2012

50 Shades of White!



The colour I went when I heard!

Who has read the book yet, what am I missing, am I not missing anything at all?

 The whole world seems to be reading it, yet imagine my shade when I realised my daughter has been lent the trilogy to read.

Now she is 17, she is reasonably worldly wise and we have lots of 'open' conversations about relationships, right down to 2 the 'sthex' stuff as Les Dawson use to whisper the words.


But I have heard that 50 shades is down right dirty and very explicit. Mills and Boons but the bedroom door does not get closed at the kissing scene!! I have listened to people talk about the birth rate going up just because of the books!! 

I have no worries about this with Paige, she is as I have said before immensely intelligent and not easily led by emotions and heat of the moment, she like I, tends to reason  things out.


 I have a really great liberal approach to life, I was a bit prudish about when they could see certain films. I stuck to the age ratings on all films and console games, often to the disgust of Conor particularly, but I stood my ground and have maybe sheltered them a little but its been worth it. 

They are well rounded, are reasonably street wise, not people I am ashamed of. they are good people.

I have been hovering around as she has read chapters, this child of mine who has to be coaxed into reading, she is hooked and I am waiting for 'those questions' I know they are coming, we always talk about everything. I know I will answer with my usual frank beliefs, but all the same its slightly scary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment