Friday, July 27, 2012

Salmon and Dill Tarts Warburtons.



The fourth recipe for the Warburtons Hi-Taste, Lo- Fat healthy eating plan is a Salmon and Dill Tart, made with bread instead of pastry, which took me a little by surprise. I really wondered how it would hold up.
I decided to watch the video, to see how this one was done. I was convinced it would not look as good as the image above.




The recipe was easy enough to do, I would make this using wholemeal bread next time as the fibre would be great, also for anyone on Slimming world it could be made as a free syn meal.


It was relatively easy to line the tin with the bread once the first too were ruined with me trying to press and curl the bread round too much. You need to be a little rough with this stage.

Next time I will raise the temperature of the oven to set the egg mixture a little quicker possibly 200C fan and then reduce after about 5 minutes.


Ingredients

  1. 1 tbsp olive oil
  2. 12 slices Warburtons White Farmhouse Loaf
  3. 6 medium free range eggs
  4. 8 tbsp semi skimmed milk
  5. Large handful chopped fresh dill
  6. 3-4 salmon fillets (about 350g), skinned
  7. Large handful frozen peas (about 60g)
  8. A little grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese (about 15g)

Method

  1. Directions 
  2. 1. Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5
  3. 2. Brush the oil inside the muffin tins. 
  4. 3. Roll the Warburtons Farmhouse White bread slices to slightly flatten and then carefully use the slices to line the muffin tins. The bread will be taller than the muffin cases making cups to hold the filling.
  5. 4. Mix together the eggs, milk, chopped dill and freshly ground black pepper.
  6. 5. Cut the salmon into small pieces.  Divide the salmon pieces and peas between the muffin tins. Top with the egg mixture and sprinkle a little cheese over the tarts. 
  7. 6. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden and cooked.



Chris liked them, I must admit this was not one of my favourites,  I loved the bread crunch and taste at the top it was rather crouton like! I was not keen on the egg texture at the bottom, I would like to experiment using bacon and maybe a little cooked onion and the higher temperature to set the egg faster.

Disclosure I was given free products to take part in the Warburtons Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat plan. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment