Wednesday, July 25, 2012

French Wines with Style



I am taking part in a blogger challenge organised with French Wines with Style who want me give my ideas of the perfect summer recipes paired with Summer French wines, bearing in mind the notion of style.

Its part of a series of events to launch  a new  French Wines campaign, running across six countries: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Russia and the UK.


The three-year campaign aims to demonstrate the diversity and accessibility of French Wines, and uses 
the strap line "Wines with Style". 

Now I have tried many wines both through my own choice and purchase, also  through trying them for review.
I still am a complete beginner and have oodles to learn.

So to pair with summer food and do so with style is actually a big challenge.

The two wines I was sent were VDF Gabriel Meffre Chardonnay Gros Manseng 2011 and Provence - Château de Brigue Prestige Rosé 2011.

Totally new to me, the full info on these wines is at the end of my challenge.

I drink Chardonnay already, I know its a great wine to accompany white meat and seafood and I will happily go with that in a restaurant but always the rebel, I love pork with it, a lovely pan fried chop in a creamy mushroom sauce. 


I also love it with bacon, so my choice for a light summery dish would be either Spaghetti Carbonara 



Maybe a dish my lovely French blogging friend gave me years ago, Tartiflette.



But what I actually teamed it with was a favourite pasta dish.Chicken with pesto, spinach and olives oil





My next pairing was for the Chateau de Brigue



 I know that rosé  a great wine to accompany desserts, but this is quite a dry wine, so can I think, handle savoury dishes. I also think  it can handle a little spice too.




So over to my  beloved chilli  spice and wonderful pink partnering of  King Prawns barbecued then served with a barbecue and tomato dressing on top of salad. 

For my  palate and I am not claiming its a good one, this is perfect, just a kick of spice and the Chateau de Brigue dry rose with salad notes teaming with the cucumber and leaves.





VDF Gabriel Meffre Chardonnay Gros Manseng 2011

A brilliant pale yellow colour with green tints. Powerful and complex citrus aromas are complimented by a slight peach and ginger spice touch coming from the Gros Manseng in the blend. The Chardonnay brings honey and floral notes. Full and flavour in the mouth, reflecting the same fruits as on the nose. A delightfully long finish.
Enjoy chilled to 13 C with white meats and seafood. It will be drinking well for up to 2 years.




Provence - Château de Brigue Prestige Rosé 2011

The 2011 Prestige Rose is a blend of 70% Cinsaut and 30% Syrah from two
seperate terroirs. It is harvested by machine in the very early monrning to
preserve the freshness of the fruit.
The colour is light orange with pink reflections.
Citrus fruits dominate the nose and in the mouth the wine is complex with fruit
salad notes and white flowers. The finish is long and fresh.

Disclosure, I was sent the two wines with a small selection of herbs, mustard and bbq sauce. I was not paid for my post and these are my own views.



No comments:

Post a Comment