Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Maggi So Crispy Review



I often need a fast meal in the week, I have family wandering in and out at different times so any store cupboard help is much appreciated, allowing me to get something on the table fast.

I was sent one of the new Maggi So Crispy Herb and Garlic chicken to try. part of a range of three flavours.

It appeals as their are no artificial, colours , flavours and preservatives, a bonus as the last time I stopped using  packet chicken coating was because of the unhealthy additives. I do make my own coatings but a packet it so much easier than getting the processor crumbing bread and finding the spices.

I would have preferred it without salt as I do try to avoid it, however I am aware as a flavouring and because many people do use it to season cooking, its going to be in the packs. Saying that the salt taste is not noticeable.

Its a simple task of egging the chicken breasts and then coating with the Maggi breadcrumbs. Onto a baking sheet and cooked for about 25 minutes, depending on oven and size of the portions.


What comes through in tasting, is the lovely herb taste of rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley and the subtle garlic flavour too.
I served with Jersey Royals and  roast Mediterranean vegetables.


The chicken inside was moist and tender, I used skinless breasts to further the healthy meal.
It works out at 4 syns per chicken breast for any of my Slimming World Followers.
I have my sights set on both the Chilli and my favourite Lemon and Herb and I will be trying them on chicken breast sliced after baking to add to a nice summer salad or in wraps!

With over 120 years experience as the master of flavours, herbs and spices, Maggi has this month unveiled its new ‘So Crispy’ range.  Providing a selection of exciting new meal ideas, the range offers a quick and easy way to make tasty, crispy chicken, with tender, juicy meat enclosed in a delicious crunchy coating.  The special seasoning mixes enable chicken to cook in the oven, keeping the juices in without drying out and without the need for extra oil or fat. 


Guaranteed to spice up any family meal time, the ‘So Crispy’ range is available in three delicious flavours: Herb and Garlic, Lemon and Herb and Chilli Chicken.


Mums can be sure that with Maggi, the food they are serving is not only delicious but can also be enjoyed as part of a healthy, balanced meal. A range of recipe suggestions can be found both online and on-pack.


With the Maggi ‘So Crispy’ seasoning mixes, it has never been easier to make delicious family meals; simply dip the chicken breasts into a beaten egg and then into the breadcrumb mix, before baking in the oven for 25 minutes and serving with potatoes and vegetables.


‘So Crispy’ is available now at all major supermarkets for an RRP of 99p*, alongside the popular ‘So Juicy™’ range – an effortless way to transform meat in the innovative Maggi cook-in bag.  For more information of products and meal ideas visit www.maggi.co.uk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment